Chapter Four

Fallenpaw's POV.

I was calmly sunning myself along with Streampaw when Frostedpaw and Brambleheart burst into camp with two unfamiliar cats.

Curiously I got up and beckoned Streampaw to follow. The one cat, a small calico she-cat, brought her head up and sniffed the air, quickly wrinkling her nose.

The other she-cat, a slightly larger cat with a sort of greenish-gray pelt looked around in amazement.

Batstar poured out of the den on her way to question them. I turned to Streampaw.

"Who do you think they are?" I asked. Streampaw just shrugged. "Not sure, they smell like kittypets though."

I nodded.

I then saw Stonefall exit his den and instantly run over to the cats. "Ivy! Rosiah!" Stonefall nuzzled them and they nuzzled back.

I tilted my head and ran over to them. "Do you know them?" I questioned.

Stonefall nodded. "This is Ivy," Stonefall pointed his tail to the greenish-gray she-cat.

"And this is Rosiah," he pointed to the calico cat. I dipped my head to the two cats.

"They're my littermates!" Stonefall announced.

Batstar looked surprised. "How old are you two?"

Ivy and Rosiah looked at eachother. "We're five moons, almost six." Ivy explained.

Batstar nodded. "Would you like to stay? If you did, you'd be trained by your given mentors to become a warrior."

I was shocked Batstar gave this offer. I suppose we need new blood.

Stonefall looked hopefully at the two of them. Ivy looked to Rosiah, she nodded slowly.

"Alright, we'll stay." Rosiah announced. Gasps fled around the Clan, some of happiness, some of wariness.

Batstar nodded and hopped up onto the Greatledge. "From this day forward until they earn their warrior names, they will now be known as Ivypaw and Rosepaw. I will mentor Rosepaw and Stonefall will mentor Ivypaw."

I narrowed my eyes at Ivypaw. She had light gray stripes on her pelt. Could she be the striped cat in Frostedpaw's warning?

I shook my head. No, she cant be, right? She's only an apprentice..

The whole Clan started cheering Ivypaw's and Rosepaw's new name. Ivypaw and Rosepaw stuck their heads up in pride.

I quickly joined to be polite. Once the Clan had parted, I ran to the fresh-kill pile where Rosepaw was.

I dipped my head in greeting. "Hey" she mewed back.

"Hi." I murmured, not looking up while I chose my prey.

"Want to share?" Rosepaw offered politely, holding a rabbit in her jaws.

"Sure," I muttered, leading her over to a tiny bush next to Batstar's cave.

"So, tell me about Clan life, Mr. Clancat" Rosepaw started.

I laughed and then choked on my bite of prey. Coughing desperately to get it out, I finally coughed it up.

Rosepaw just laughed and stated, "okay noted, never make Mr. Clancat here laugh!"

I purred softly, still shaken from the moment. "I'm Fallenpaw." I introduced myself.

"So you're not a warrior?" Rosepaw looked genuinely shocked.

"Not yet!" I laughed nervously. "I'm on my tenth moon though." I explained.

Rosepaw nodded. I soon got distracted by her. She was perfect, a white muzzle and chest, hazel eyes, a beautiful black and ginger pelt and white socks.

"Earth to Mr. Clancat??" It was Rosepaw. "U-Uh yes?" I asked.

"I asked you what Clan life was like." Rosepaw said stubbornly but I caught a hint of amusement in her voice.

I chuckled to myself. "Clanlife is great, you're surrounded by the cats you love, you'll understand eventually."

Rosepaw nodded, then turned her head when Batstar called her name. I assumed she wanted to train with her.

Wont be long now before I'm a warrior. I thought. Just 2 moons.

"Training time." It was Moonwish. I jumped. "Okay!"

Moonwish led me away chuckling to herself. Still recovering from the scare, I shakily started to follow.

"We aren't training at Big Rocks today." meowed Moonwish. "Its in use at this moment."

I nodded. "Where are we training?"

Moonwish just padded on, ignoring his question. They soon arrived at the Thunderpath with huge, roaring monsters hurtling past.

"I need you to cross this Thunderpath perfectly." Moonwish mewed. "Now you've crossed it with a group but now you're on your own."

I gulped. And if I make one mistake... I shivered at the thought of my body being hit by a monster.

"Okay.." I murmured nervously. I stepped close to the Thunderpath.

I looked both ways for a gap between the monsters as they zoomed past.

Once I found a gap, I sprung out onto the Thunderpath and bolted as quickly as I possibly could to the other side, (which was WindClan territory)

I caught my breath and turned to face the path again. "Tuck your tail in next time!" Moonwish yelled across.

I nodded, looked both ways, tucked my tail firmly to my side and hopped onto the Thunderpath when I met a gap.

I bolted quickly across and met Moonwish again on the other side. "You did well. I want you to do it once more, then we shall move on."

Sighing, I stepped close to the path again and took a deep breath in and waited for a gap.

I had to wait a long while, as the Twolegs and their monsters didnt seem to want to stop.

Soon there was a large gap and I bolted across and made it safely to the WindClan side.

Then, out of nowhere, a WindClan patrol appeared in sight. "You're on our land!" gasped a unusually large, red tom.

"Redsky, it's fine, he's only just briefly crossed." explained a cream she-cat.

"But Heatherwing, he's on our territory!" Redsky spat back.

Redsky padded toward Fallenpaw until my hind paw was just touching the Thunderpath.

Then, in a heartbeat, something large hit me. It knocked me over and I rolled.

I've just been hit on the Thunderpath.