Chapter Seven

Fallenpaw's POV

"Batstar!" Rosepaw screeched in the freezing night air. "Batstar!"

Rosepaw and I ran straight to Batstar's den and we shook her. Batstar rose her head and annoyingly stated, "its moonhigh! Why are you waking me?!"

Rosepaw and I looked to eachother. "We think ShadowClan is attacking!" Rosepaw shouted.

Batstar then immediately got up and pushed her way past us. Rosepaw and I followed her. Batstar hopped up onto the Greatledge and looked around.

In a few heartbeats, she hopped down. "Rosepaw, go wake the warriors but tell them to stay in their den until I give the command. Fallenpaw, you do the same but to the apprentices, I've got Winnie, Sweetwish and the medicine cats."

I nodded, finally able to walk proparly again, I speed walked to the apprentices den.

I prodded Frostedpaw, Juniperpaw and Ivypaw in the side. Ivypaw stirred and opened her eyes.

"Wha..?" tiredly, she yawned. "We're about to be attacked by ShadowClan! Batstar said to stay here until she gives a signal, but stay alert!" I hissed.

Ivypaw gave me a startled look but nodded. I prodded Juniperpaw awake and Ivypaw woke Frostedpaw.

I quickly muttered what I told Ivypaw and the four of us stood here in silence. Instinctively, I worried for Rosepaw, but I knew she'd be safe amongst the warriors.

Heartbeats turned to minutes, that felt like hours. Not a single sound came from anywhere - not even the kits and pups.

All that each cat knew was that ShadowClan was getting closer to our camp second by second.

Then, we heard a yowl. It was Batstar's. ShadowClan was here. Everyone beside me stormed out of the den and into the action. I decided to quickly race to the nursery because its closest.

I dove into the nursery, and there layed Sweetwish, she had shoved her kits behind her. I stood infront of her, ready to claw the nose off of anyone who dared enter.

There were screeches and meows raging outside. Then, a ShadowClan warrior burst into the nursery.

I instantly got into a battle position. The ShadowClan cat clawed at my face, I dodged.

Then, quicker than I imagined, the cat dove behind Sweetwish and scooped up Marigoldkit.

"Marigoldkit!" Sweetwish screeched. I could tell she wanted to get up, but was afraid that the cat would steal her other kits.

I growled, "if you harm that kit.." the cat just stared me dead in the eyes and slammed the kit down onto the floor.

Sweetwish shrieked. I tackled him, biting his ear hard and slashing my claws down his leg, but I was too slow. The cat slammed his paw onto my neck.

I was now down on the ground, unable to breathe and I stared into the cat's big, ugly eyes.

Then out of nowhere, I heard a large growl and Winnie burst into the nursery and bit the cat hard in the throat.

Then, lay there limp. Shakily I said "i-is he alive..?"

Winnie shook her head. "I don't think so." then she dashed back outside again.

I rushed to Marigoldkit. She wasn't breathing. I checked her pulse. Nothing.

I looked to Sweetwish, she gave out a cry. And rushed to her dead kit. She licked Marigoldkit over and over again but it was no use, she was dead.

Winnie came back, with her pups this time, when she saw the sight, she told her pups to huddle with Sweetwish's kits.

"Oh my goodness.." Winnie exclaimed. I moved my head down to Marigoldkit's cold body. "Be safe in StarClan." I whispered.

Out of rage, Winnie then ran outside and made a huge bark, which stopped everything.

"One of your ShadowClan cats is dead!" I heard her shout. "he also murdered one of Sweetwish's kits!"

Outrage fell out. "Stormheart! I saw him go in there!" exclaimed a ShadowClan she-cat.

Oakleaf instantly rushed to the nursery, he stepped inside and shoved me away from his kit.

"Marigoldkit!" Oakleaf pushed her with his nose. "Please wake up.."

I shook my head. This was all so overwhelming. I felt a small stab in my back leg. I turned around and it was Larkpup.

"Wha..what happened to Marigoldkit?" Larkpup questioned. His voice was very squeaky.

"N-nothing." I touched my nose to his. "Don't worry."

Larkpup nodded and went to lie back down. Outside, I could hear Batstar yelling at what sounded like Fawnstar.

I just crouched near the pups and kits, protecting them incase something happened.

Sweetwish and Oakleaf both nosed Stormheart out of the den. I heard shrieks of terror coming from ShadowClan cats. I guessed he was pretty popular.

Batstar then shouted, "ShadowClan is to leave!" I nuzzled closer to the kits and pups.

Fawnstar then responds, "this isn't over.." I could tell ShadowClan was leaving because their scent was slowly fading.

Sweetwish came back to her dead kit. "Winnie killed Stormheart in revenge.." she muttered.

I went over to Sweetwish. "Marigoldkit will always be remembered."

Sweetwish nodded. "I love her so much, dead or alive."

Then, Winnie stepped in. "Camp's all destroyed. Dunno what we're gonna do about that."

"I know what we're going to do," I rolled my eyes. "All the apprentices are gonna have to clean it up."

Winnie laughed. "I guess so!" then she spotted Sweetwish. "Oh Sweetwish.." Winnie put her tail on Sweetwish's back.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't save her.." Winnie muttered. I decided to step outside to give them space.

As soon as I did, Meadowheart rushed to me. "Are you okay??" she fretted. She sounded like a mother rushing to her kit.

"I'm fine! I can move my tail perfectly and I can walk just fine!" I responded. I couldn't bare being in the medicine den any longer.

Meadowheart sighed. "You will stay in my den one more day, then you can leave."

I groaned, but I knew there was no point in arguing. Then, I heard Batstar's call.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, join beneath the Greatledge for a Clan meeting."