Chapter Seventeen

Fallensky's POV.

I woke up the next morning rather lately than I would have liked to Batstar's Clan meeting call. No one was in the warriors den.

Why didn't anyone wake me?! I thought angrily. I walked past every nest and to the entrance of the den.

I walked through and saw almost everyone sitting under the Greatlege already. I gave myself a quick groom and sat by myself near the back of the group.

"I have much to announce, but first Streamsight has received her medicine cat name!" Batstar announced proudly.

"Streamsight! Streamsight!" Skywing called out. The rest of the Clan joined in in the chant of Streamsight's name.

Batstar raised her tail indicating silence. "Two apprentices took their assessments a day ago and I've decided they're ready to become warriors."

Silence fell across the clearing. "Would Ivypaw and Rosepaw please step forward?"

All eyes flew to the two apprentices and they confidently stepped forward.

"I, Batstar call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these two apprentices. They have trained hard to learn your noble code and I commend them warriors in their turn."

"Ivypaw, Rosepaw," Batstar's gaze flicked between the two cats. "Do you promise to protect and defend your Clan even at the cost of your own lives?"

"I do!" Ivypaw said fiercely. Rosepaw repeated her words but more timid.

"Then by the power of StarClan, I give you your warrior names. Ivypaw from this day forward, you will be known as Ivysong. StarClan honours your fierceness and skill and we welcome you as a full warrior of StormClan."

Ivysong stood tall and proud at the leader's words.

"Rosepaw, from this day forward you will be known as Rosefall. StarClan honours your curiosity and slyness and we welcome you as a full warrior of StormClan." Batstar finished her speech with an approving nod to each warrior.

"Tonight they will stand watch in a silent vigil." Batstar added.

"Ivysong! Rosefall! Ivysong! Rosefall!" On command, the whole Clan called their names.

Rosefall finally looked confident for once, I called her name the loudest. I finally admitted to liking the calico she-cat more than friends but I had fiercely decided to let her be a warrior for a while before confessing.

The noise in the Clan died down and Batstar dismissed everyone. I immediately rushed over to Rosefall and congratulated her.

"Thanks!" She purred in reply. I held my gaze into Rosefall's for a long moment until Ivysong rushed over and broke the silence.

"Hey we should join a patrol, our first as warriors!" Ivysong chided. I glanced over to Sweetwish who was organizing the day's patrols already.

I walked alongside Rosefall and we crowded around Sweetwish.

"Brambleheart! Take Ivysong, Rosefall and Skywing and patrol the WindClan border, don't take your apprentices." Sweetwish ordered. Brambleheart gathered her cats and whisked them away into the camp entrance.

"Oakleaf! Take Moonwish and Stonefall and patrol the ShadowClan border, don't take your apprentices." Sweetwish ordered.

"Frostedwing, Fallensky, Dewpaw and Winnie. You can go hunting."

"Juniperbrush, take Cinnamonpaw, Batpaw and Frogpaw hunting."

"Larkpaw and Quartzpaw, there is a gap in the warriors den, I want you two to fix it, also check the other dens. Everyone, go!" Sweetwish finished.