Chapter Eighteen

Frostedwing's POV

"Hey Frostedwing!" I was laying down in the clearing a few hours after Winnie's first catch. I was so proud of her.

I turned my head toward the voice. "Hi Stonefall," I said nervously. His yellow eyes were always so gentle toward me and I loved him so much but he still made me nervous.

"Wanna share this mouse? I caught it on my patrol this morning." Stonefall pushed the mouse toward me. He layed down next to me.

"Sure!" I replied, there was a little shake to my voice. He tilted his head. "You okay?" Stonefall asked, worry filling his voice.

"Yeah, it's just.. I have a question." I said looking to my paws.

"Okay, shoot," Stonefall replied.

"Are we mates..?" I struggled to say that.

Stonefall thought for a moment. Please say you want to be. "Well, I'd really like to be."

Stonefall put one of his paws on mine. I looked over to meet his eyes. He leaned in to rest his head on mine, I let him.

"I want to too..." I said, drinking in his scent and laying against his neck fur. I could feel the gazes of the others on us but I didn't care. All I wanted at that moment was to be with Stonefall.

Stonefall lifted his head from mine and I looked deep into his eyes. "I love you.." he whispered.

"I love you too, Stonefall.." I replied.

I layed my head down to rest on his paws and he layed his head on mine. I very quickly fell asleep in the sunlight.

I woke to the sounds of yowling at the entrance of the camp. I rose my head to see several ShadowClan cats barging into our camp.

"Stonefall! Stonefall, wake up!" I shook my mate awake with my paws.

He opened his eyes and looked to me. "Wha..What's happening?" Stonefall groaned tiredly.

"ShadowClan!" I muttered angrily. The gray tom hopped to his paws instantly and rushed over to join the crowd of gathering cats. I joined him.

"What are you doing here?!" Oakleaf hissed, baring his teeth.

"Where is Batstar?!" Fawnstar responded fiercely.

"What is going on?" Batstar emerged from her den underneath the Greatledge.

"These ShadowClan cats just barged in here demanding for you." Sweetwish explained to her.

Batstar narrowed her eyes and made her way through the crowd. "What do you want." Batstar said with still-narrowed eyes.

"Well that's quite rude, greeting another Clan like that!" Fawstar said with an entitled tone.

"What's rude is barging in our camp like a patrol of badgers!" Stonefall hissed, he made his way forward to stand beside Batstar. I rushed to his side.

"Stonefall, quiet." Batstar responded. "Everyone, calm down!" Batstar looked around at her warriors, they all had risen hackles and their teeth bared.

The Clan slowly calmed down but they still looked at the ShadowClan cats with narrowed eyes.

Batstar flicked her gaze back to ShadowClan. "Why are you here."

"Simply because we've scented your Clan's stench over our border!" Fawnstar hissed.

Batstar looked shocked. I gasped slightly. "No StormClan warrior has stepped paw on your territory under my orders." She assured Fawnstar.

Fawnstar still wasn't satisfied. "Do you think that solves it? There are unloyal warriors in your Clan, Batstar, I suggest you do something about that." Fawnstar shifted her gaze to Winnie and her pups.

"And don't think I haven't heard about you accepting dogs into your Clan." Fawnstar looked disgusted.

"Are you accusing my Clan of being unloyal in my own camp? You have no right to barge in here whenever you please to tell me what to do." Batstar said, baring her teeth.

"And what are you going to do about us? Call your precious ThunderClan to come and save you again?" Fawnstar added with a snarl.

I thought to Meadowheart. Her death was so sudden. Do we really need more deaths? Or potential risk?

"StormClan fights it's own battles now! StormClan, attack!" Batstar ordered and leaped onto Fawnstar.

I rushed forward without a second thought and leaped onto ShadowClan's deputy, Rabbitfur.

She latched onto my back as I landed on her, pinning her down. "You have no right to insult our Clan!" I said, lifting one paw to harshly scratch her eye.

Rabbitfur ignored me and rolled me over holding me down with her claws. I scratched at her belly over and over until I was able to throw her off of me.

Out of nowhere, a she-cat named Leapordfrost leaped onto me. Rabbitfur got up and aided Leapordfrost in hurting me.

I let out a yowl. Then Stonefall hopped onto Leapordfrost, clawing her back terribly.

I could now focus on my opponent who was still on top of me. I went limp and Rabbitfur let out a triumphant yowl.

As Rabbitfur loosened her grip on me, I gathered all of my strength and flung upward knocking Rabbitfur off of me.

I grabbed onto her and bit her shoulder hard. "Let me.. go!" Rabbitfur meowed in clear pain.

"Only if your promise to leave my Clan alone!" I said through the bite. Rabbitfur nodded and I let her go.

She ran out of camp. I turned around and saw Cinnamonpaw being pinned by an opponent twice her size.

I rushed over there and knocked her opponent off of her and clawed viciously at the opponents chest.

I recognized the opponent. It was a young warrior called Maplebreeze. He glared at me with his icy blue eyes.

Then I saw Cinnamonpaw appear infront of me and she pinned the tom down by the head.

I then bent down and bit his paw. He let out an ear-splitting yowl and shook me off.

He ran out of camp.

I looked to Cinnamonpaw and she muttered "Thank you." I nodded to her.

I realized ShadowClan was harshly outnumbered. Every cat stopped and all cornered them between StormClan and the camp entrance. A lot of ShadowClan then fled but the ones who didn't kept hissing.

"Do you surrender?" Batstar asked with a darkness to her voice.

Fawnstar looked up at her with fear. "Y-Yes, just let us leave!"

And with that, they were gone.