Let Me Just Exist In your Presence

You close your phone and try to put on a bright smile as you turn. "Thanks for helping me! I owe you beer!" You say and Geto grins at you as he unpacks your last box. "And I will graciously accept." He bows and you roll your eyes teasingly. "You really thinking about leaving the state?" He says a frown forming on his face. "Yeah..." you mutter, you had been offered a job at a huge library half way across the country. The pay alone was significant enough but you still told them you had to think about it. "So Gojo and Olivia huh?" You ask and his frown deepens. "You know it's just for the business." He mutters and you shrug. "Well I hope the money keeps him warm at night." You say your tone harsher than you meant it to be. You feel him pat your head in an attempt to comfort you which makes you laugh. "So scared to touch me Geto..." you tease but his eyes darken. "Y/N..." he growls at you and you push him lightly. "I know!!!" You joke and he takes a heavy breath. "If you do leave you should at least get some form of closure." He states and it's your turn to take a deep breath. He rolls his eyes at you and you scoff. "It's been a couple months now. Your doing great. Looking..." he raises his eyebrows at you suggestively and you laugh. "Right should shove it in his stupid face!" You smile and he does as well. "I'll think about it." You mutter placing the last item up in your new apartment.  "Come on we are going to be late!" You say grabbing your keys heading out to hang out with Isabel and friends. She was disgusted by her brothers actions. You were so thankful to have her as your support and now roommate. You felt a sense of normalcy returning to your life. Geto opens the door for you and you look at him. He has been so good to you. Refusing any advances you made out of desperation and hurt. If only you had decided to go with him the night you kissed, maybe you wouldn't have had your heart broken. "Your a good dude Geto!" You say randomly and he huffs. "Stop saying that!" He laughs pushing you out the door. "Dude? Who still even uses that word?" You gasp, "The Ninja Turtles were my teachers! How dare you speak disrespect!" You grin and a strange emotion washes over his face but quickly passes. "Your so cute. Now let's go!!!" He shouts pushing you forward and you smirk.

Your all laughing, eating and drinking at an upscale restaurant that Isabel's new boo manages. It felt so nice to enjoy time like this again. You felt on top of the world. Until Geto's hand tightly grasps yours and you look at him in surprise. "Hey..." you hear that familiar voice and grip Geto's hand tighter. "Y/N! It's so good to see you! You look amazing!" Olivia greets your group and you turn waving at her, avoiding eye contact with her company. She hugs you and you try your best to return it. "Congrats?" You ask with skepticism and she frowns. "I hate this so much. Being a bargaining chip." She looks as if she might cry and you feel awful. You give her shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "Hey you can run away with me if you want. I was afford a job half way across the country." You laugh and hear Gojo choke on his drink beside her. "Now that sounds like a good plan!" Olivia giggles and you wink. You finally turn to the one person you never wanted to see again and that dull ache returns. "Gojo." You say nodding and he gives you a pathetic wave. "Well Umm if y/n doesn't mind you can join us?" Isabel clears her throat and looks at you. You sigh not wanting to be petty you nod.

You feel his gaze on you throughout the night and you try your best to ignore it. The conversation was not as lively as it was previously but you faked enthusiasm. "Well this was fun. Isabel you about ready?" You ask and she bites her lip. "Well I am probably going to stay at Jason's house tonight." You want to be upset but nod. "No worries! Means time to myself. You know that's my favorite." You smile and she look relieved. "I'll take you back." Geto whispers as you say goodbye to Olivia. You hate that Gojo is lingering behind those eyes never leaving you. "Sure." You say and he pats your head leaving to get the car. You feel him standing beside you but you keep your gaze down. "Please just look at me." Gojo pleads and you shake your head refusing. "Please!!" He shouts desperately and you lift up your head. "What?" You ask meeting those eyes, a look of pure heartbreak on his face. How dare he look at you like that... "I.... Well..." he stutters looking nervous and surprised . "You have five seconds." You say standing up straight your eyes never leaving his. "I just miss you. Even if I can't be with you I'd do anything to be a friend again." He says matching your energy gaining back that Gojo confidence by the second. You gape at him. "I know it's not fair of me. But you know how selfish I am. We know everything about each other. I just can't go on without at least your presence. I'm a fuck up. You know this! But whatever this is! I don't know it's something special like once in a lifetime. So please just let me exist around you!" He is shouting passionately and you glance around embarrassed. "Gojo! Stop!" You shout back and you watch as he realizes you both are standing at the entrance of a restaurant. He looks past you and you turn your head to see Geto glaring at him. "Maybe ok. Bye." You turn around and walk out with Geto trying your hardest not to look back.

Gojo POV
He yawns as he walks into the restaurant. Olivia awkwardly walks beside him obviously uncomfortable. "I don't want to be here either but we have to keep face." He says low and she nods. Suddenly her face lights up in recognition and he turns to look in the direction. His whole thought process is interrupted when he sees her laughing and animated at a table. He doesn't even realize his feet moving in their direction automatically. He watches as the faces turn and are met with somber expressions. He watches as Geto grabs her hand tightly and he feels envious. "Hey..." he says and feels dread when she sees her hand tighten and body cringe by the sound of his voice. Olivia saved him as she cheerfully greeted her. Her face turns with a fake smile and he feels his heart shattering. He did this...

He sat down across from her and couldn't help but steal glances. He sighs when he sees her struggle to fake enthusiasm during the conversation. She won't even look at him, avoiding it at all cost. It felt wrong staring at her, invading her space. At the same time he hasn't felt this happy in a while, he wanted more. Look at me! Please!! He pleaded in his mind but it never happened.

She was leaving... running as fast as she could though physically she was still standing there. He cursed Geto for getting to touch her. He had to do something! Anything that would keep her in his life. He begged without shame for her to let him even be where she was. He lost himself in her strong gaze and furious grimace. But her voice brought him back to reality, uttering his name. Then Gojo met the gaze of his best friend, he looked as if he wanted to rip his throat out. I know Geto I deserve it, I have no right to ask for this. But even that small maybe gave him hope. Maybe He could at least be caught in her light. Even if it belonged to someone else. He didn't care. "Let's go." He jumps in surprise at Olivia grabbing his shoulder. He had made a scene that his father would have to clean up. Begging a woman who was not his fiancé to let him exist around her. It probably seemed like he was obsessed. But he didn't give a fuck...