🦋Steve Randle🦋

"So that's it? It's over? Just like that huh?"

"I'm sorry."

Steve and Y/N hadn't seen each other since that day. He stayed with his friends and Y/N found some new friends. No one was expecting the break up, but it happened.

Y/N didn't want to end it but she had too. She was falling out of love with the drag racer and felt it was wrong to keep stringing him along.

"So Y/N you and Steve huh? Musta hurt." "What do you want Dallas?" Y/N sighed as she was walking down the street Dallas trailing behind her.

"Why did you end it? He's dead sad about it, gettin himself into trouble." Y/N sighed, shaking her head whilst sliding her hands into her pocket.

"Look, it just wasn't working anymore. That happens things change and people change." Y/N sighed at her former friend. it wasn't that she didn't want to be around Dallas, but he would make her think of Steve.

"Alright whatever you say." Dallas held his hands up silently looking at Y/N. "Are you just gonna stare at me or what?" Y/N asked, Dallas shook his head and started walking the other way again.

Y/N really missed her friends, she'd only found new ones because she knew it would be awkward for her and Steve.

A few weeks passed since Y/N and Dallas last interacted. She was in her house reading a book.

The girl got a really bad feeling, something wasn't right.

Her phone rang not too long later. "Hello?"

"Y/N? We need you to get here right now. Please." "Dallas? What's going on where are you?"

"We're at the Drag track. Steve is facing Daniel and his car is not fully fixed." Steve's car had broken down a few months prior and he hadn't yet fixed it due to Y/N breaking up with him.

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

Y/N ran out of her house after throwing on a jacket and sliding her feet into her shoes.

She ran all the way to the drag track.

"Steven Randle!" She yelled as she arrived there. "What."

"Are you outta your damn mind?" "Maybe who knows... I could be bonkers. Completely off my head." He shrugged back as he shined up his car that was only bound to get dirty again.

"You can't do this."

"Why can't I?"

"Because, you're car isn't fully fixed you could get hurt."

As quick as a flash Steve was turned around glaring at Y/N. "And why would you care if I got hurt huh? I'm already hurt because of you!"

"Steve, please listen to me. You can't do this, I know I hurt you and I'm so sorry but please. I'm begging you please please don't do this."

"I'm sorry N/N. But I have too."

Steve got into his car and ignored Y/N. The girl walked back over to her old friends.

"I tried guys."

"Hey babe, I'm so glad you could make it!" Steve cheered as Y/N walked over to him. "Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this for the world!" Y/N laughed as Steve picked her up and spun her around.

"Guys, this is Y/N." Steve showed Y/N over to his friends.

"Y/N this is Darry, Sodapop, Ponyboy, Johnny, Two-Bit and finally Dallas." Steve pointed at each person as he said their names. "Two-Bit?" "Just a nickname." Two responded, making Y/N nod and laugh.

"Right I gotta go, Guys take care of my good luck charm." "Steve wait." Steve stopped in his tracks and Y/N pulled him into a kiss. "An extra bit of good luck." She whispered as she pulled away a tiny bit.

Steve ran over to his car the hugest grin on his face.

The sound of crashing awoke Y/N from her reminiscing. She looked over and saw a car flipped on it's side.

Another car came cruising across the finish line.

Y/N once again ran. She ran fast.

"Oh my god." She breathed, tears in her eyes.

Y/N threw her arms around the person in front of her.

"My heart stopped for a second, I though that was your car and I would've never forgiven myself if you had been hurt because you hadn't fixed your car properly and it was my fault. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."

Y/N repeated the last words over and over as Steve slowly relaxed and hugged Y/N back. He too had tears streaming from his eyes.

"It's okay, I'm okay. My life flashed before my eyes when I saw that car flip and all I could think about was how I should've listened to you. That could've been me."

"You're my girl Y/N you always will be. I should've fought a bit better." "No, I should've spoken to you about it."

"I'm so sorry." They both said at the same time just holding onto each other crying.