chapter -28

Avani's pov.

        The college hallway is empty as Kris and I were about to leave the building, after spending two extra hours in the lab after everyone had left, were making the smoke potion as we didn't have much time for the product delivery.

I laugh at Kris's clumsiness, how could a grownup such as himself made so much mess all over him.
I help him clean the dusk off his head when suddenly i felt a force rush towards us and the next thing i saw is Kris being tackled down by none other than Andrew, what the hell .
        "What the fuck are doing man?" kris yell at him as he launch a punch back, Andrew looked furious maybe because he's one such hunch Alpha who seeks respect, i have no intentions on helping Kris or stopping the fight.. why? that's clear, if i am to stand up for Kris when he could still fight back that would made him felt pathetic and weak, i'm also sure he's not that far behind Andrew comparing their strengths, and about stopping the fight why would i do that this is such a great oppurtunity for especially Kris to fight someone who he'd never to challenge on his own, and from the sidelines i could also observe Andrew's movement and strength...

        "Don't ever get near my mate, she's MINE, mine alone!!" that had my breath halt, mate.. the word meant to be so sweet and pure, but for me its probably thebmost hateful word, afterall everything start because of 'mate'.

    I could see the confusion filled Kris's eyes, afterall i never mentioned about who my mate is and only tell them i left the pack because of the abuse and rejection from my mate .

  'i'll explain everything later' i mindlinked.

  I don't know what's going on his head but a smirk formed on his lips as he help himself up, looking straight into Andrew's eyes firmly which was what a pack member would never dare do to their Alpha, but Kris's an exception as he already accept me as his new Alpha.
       "Mate, you say? but that's a bit different from what i've heard. She's single and she don't need and will never be needing that ex-mate of a jerk. She's moving on" he says exaggerating his last sentence, its true but the way he said it make it sound like he and i have a thing.

       Andrew's Alpha aura smelt dangers, oh oh.

     'kris it seems you're a bit over board'
      'i know, i'm being a little taken over there, now just focus how we vould leave this place'

     I groan, there's not much we could do i can't disclose my identity yet and if his wolf take over Kris is good as death, how are we suppo... wait actually there's one way, although i really don't feel like to used it..

     I went down to Andrew and hold his arm "Andrew please calm down,please" he got stiff for a moment but i could feel his aggressive aura calm down a bit, this is not enough, i sigh as i put my arms around his torso as i whisper to him to calm him down.
     I wait till he calm down, to be honest it felt so nice , if this is what all mates felt then i have to say i am really jealous of them unlike me, they could be with their beloved fated mate together all their life.

Andrew stopped choking Kris and pulled me by my waist to him, i nod at kris signalling him everything's fine Andrew led me to his car and held the door open for me and after that move to his driver seat, as we drive off I caught him stealing glances of me from the corner of my eyes, i know he wants to say something but can't start a conversation and if you think i'll help him with that , guys you're so wrong because i would never.

     The packhouse came to view,
"we reach the packhouse" he spoke, "yea" my reply was short but he deserved it. He parked his car but as i tried to leave he lock the car i sigh annoyed "What do you want from me?" i ask, he looked into my eyes and says "I want you to give me a chance, so i could fixed my stupid mistake, Avani please i used to think a lot about you during those years, the thought that you might've died kill me everynight and seeing you well and alive now i realised i had to fixed everything before it got worse" he sounds genuine, i want to trust him but i can't knowing how he fucked Brittney everyday, he might never understands the pain as i never even once cheat on my mate , Andrew why can't we just be like every other mates why is our situation so complicated.

     "You don't understand what you're saying... and besides your girlfriend must be waiting for you inside you should hurry in and see her, she must ha.." i don't even know why i'm saying all these, he cuts me off   "Avani enough about her, or anybody let's just focus on us be honest with yourself don't you wanna give our relationship a chance? if not for us atleast for our wolves, please?" i sit stunned in my seat

  'qiv? what do you say about this?'
  '...ava i don't know what our mate had done to you in the past to make you so miserable, i only have you so whatever you chose to i'll support you'  she's so considerate unlike her usual self, i almost chuckle, earlier i felt her excitement flowing off so i must not be selfish in making decision and if Andrew is genuine with his words, may be Qiv and i could have the mate life we always wondered of.

    I sigh as i turn to look at Andrew, his eyes shows his nervousness as his heartbeat got restless, i give him a small smile as i nod my head "yes, just one last chance Andrew and please i hope you don't mess up this time again" his eyes widen and glows with hope, "Thank you Avani, i'll make sure you don't ever regret making this decision, i'm so lucky to have you as my mate" he almost yell, well i hope you remember your words please don't disappoint me this time...

       He held my door open and after i got out, i ask him not to be too obvious of our relationship to others yet he seemed a bit disappointed but i can't help as that'll cause a pretty big fuzz.

He take a step forward cornering me to his car, i look up to find his blue pair of eyes gazing mine he lean down to kiss me, i close my eyes but as his lips are about to touch mine a person's face suddenly appeared in my mind that i turn my head causing his kiss to land on my cheek instead.

      "Sorry, i want to be alone for a while" i said , he nod his head as he said he understands. I went up to my room and locked the door as i plunged in my bed, what is that before why would Jaden's face siddenly appeared, i don't know what's this unpleasant feeling but it felt almost like i'm cheating on him, we're not even dating, infact its only one-sided crush from me, funny right?Aargh feelings are all so annoying and hard to understand.

     I text my friends in the group chat that i won't be joining them for dinner tonight, i'm not ready for any drama right now i just want to rest alone for a while, i unintentionally slept off as i recall about today's events.

Loveya'll
Adriana

If you like this chapter please leave your precious vote for it.
Your thoughts and suggestion are always welcome in the comment box, i'll make sure to go through all of them.

And i'll be really grateful if you could follow me.😋😋😋