chapter - 34

Third person's pov.

       The pack hall is crowded, all the members with their best dresses . Alpha Danielson climb on the stage raising his chin high up proudly as ever, he's the kind of man who seeks power but not work for it, so he chose the dirtiest tricks to get himself into higher position, he is a cruel being who is ever ready to sacrifice his own mate and child if it would make him gain more power.His greediness for power and money blinded him.

        As the ceremonial party look quite peaceful from the outside noone had the slightest idea that the two girls from the backstage will lighten up the atmosphere by screening out the cctv footage of the laboratory basement.

......

     gasp echoes through the large hall, and sobs follows(probably from the parents of the victims who thought their children were killed by rogues), furious growling could be heard from everywhere, at the sight of Alpha Danielson in the basement room but didn't give a fuck about it.

       Alpha Danielson tried hard to shut the screen off, but the thing he didn't know is that the hacker girl upstairs hack all the way into system making the original buttons useless.

           Confused as everyone else is his only son, Andrew. He might be quite an asshole in many ways but not a heartless man, he despised his father just like the rest of the pack members. He's the next in line Alpha, that is why he can't be conrolled when Danielson had no choice but to use his Alpha Command (alpha command is only used when its absolutely needed, as it drains energy from the user, even Avani has only used this once )

          All the other pack members fell to their knees, left with no choice but to serve the Alpha they so despised. "Andrew Govins!! get down on your knees and show your respect to me, your Alpha!!" he booms, Andrew flinches but still stood his ground.

      "Father!! this will be my pack in no time and this is not how i wish to lead my pack. This is wrong!" he shouted. Furious, vein popping from Danielson's forehead, he scratch his face using his huge claws, he smeared his own son's face before ordering the warriors to drag him to the torture basement.
            Till the very end, Andrew stands his ground. Chaining him up with the silver chains, he screams from the burning pain until he lost his consciousness as his wounded face start healing slowly bit by bit.
       His pains are felt by his mate, but not as much as he suffers afterall his mate had overcome tenth time worse the pains than he could ever suffer.

     When a werewolf reject his or her mate, and the rejected one accepts the rejection their connection is cut off, only a thin string of mate bond left between them, forever making them more special than other people towards each other. 
           But when the rejected one doesn't accept the rejection, he or she could feel all the pain and sorrow that his or her mate is suffering, while the one to reject doesn't feel that pain. This is also what exactly happened to Avani, she suffers so much whenever Andrew's is another she-wolf, and felt his pain when he's wounded but Andrew won't feel a thing when she's suffering.
       Its truly unfair, i know...

~~~☆~~~
Avani's pain.

        The sudden ache i felt on my whole body shocked me, i know this feeling... something must've happen to him.
          I quickly mindlink Joana, and what she told me clench my heart... asshole or not he'll always be my mate and nothing close to heartless compared to his father.
To be honest, i'm glad that he act against his father for that matter, now i could spare him because of that or else it'd be tough to let him  alive just because he's my mate, that would be too unreasonable as the Alpha, i can't let personal feelings blind my righteous desicion.

      Its time. Bone cracking sound surrounds me as my fellow pack members start shifting to their wolf forms, i would love to shift into my own form but taking lena's advice its a bit too risky to announce the existence of my kind.