17

I mustered up courage just to attend office today. After two months it was the first time when there was no one I can eat with have small talks with.

Even in the office we weren't talking to each other. He gave me orders I followed them. He attended meetings I arranged them. He avoided me I avoided him.

The silent treatment we both were giving each other was unbearable. The same person I always talked was now the same person who was once irritated by me. Neither he changed nor me but just because of a deal our point of views did.

"Ms. Ferye"

"Yes, sir "

"You zoned out? " Mr. Knight asked.

"Sorry "

He just nodded and I left his office. Yes, that's how our conversations are going. Not even complete sentences. I am not used to this, we both used to talk like we know each other for so long but now we really are strangers.

I left the office late today. Each and every time we were together it felt like he wanted to say something but didn't. Whenever we tried to make a conversation it ended up being awkward.

"Hey, Feyre" I turned and saw Mr. Knight walking towards me.

"It's late, I'll drop you off " He said as he reached me.

I just nodded as he opened his car's door for me. We both sat inside his car as he started driving. We both tried to make conversations but all in vain. When we reached my apartment I offered him to come inside for coffee but he refused and walked away.

I closed the door when he left and sat on the couch.After 10 minutes I was watching Netflix and eating snacks when I heard some noises coming from the door. I stood up and followed the voice.

When I switched on the lights I heard someone continuously knocking my door. I mustered up courage and opened the door still afraid as it 11:45 right now. As soon as I opened door a I saw Mr. Knight standing outside fully drenched.

"Sir ?" I said looking at him with disbelief.

"I wanted to tell you something "

I opened the door for him and he entered as I told him to follow me. He followed me and sat on the couch. I hope he won't eat my snacks as I am really not in a mood to kill him.

I bought a towel for him and hoodie with pants because his clothes were wet. He changed into them and came back after some time. When we both were sitting on the same couch but it didn't matter.

"What do you want to tell me? "

"I miss you " My eyes widened in surprise but I just sighed.

"I miss you too" And again we both weren't able to form words just looking at each other expecting to say something.

"Okay, you tell me about what you feel for me and I'll do the same" He said.

"I miss your presence in my life, I want to talk to you, share every moment, I just want to hold you as if there was never a deal between us, as if we were not strangers but as two different people who collided with each other" I finished as he started.

"My feelings are same just words will change I want to give us a chance to know each other better and decide whether the serendipity that happened with us was fake or fate"

With that I was engulfed in a bone crushing hug as he I closed my eyes just to feel the moment. Our arms were surrounding each other when I felt my shoulder wet now and so was his.