2- Camps

There was only about ten kids left in my class and this "disease," was all over the news.

I don't want to die, but if this is the new reality maybe I'd give dying a go.

I heard my mum and dad talking about it. The news was saying weird stuff like that we are dangerous and that we need handed in, I don't think my parents would hand me in?

"Children all over England have been suffering and we need to put a stop to it. If you are a family with a child under fifteen years of age I recommend sending them to camps. At the camps tests will be run and they will be given a colour depending on how dangerous they are. If you are to encounter an orange or red you are to call the police and run. They are really dangerous and could kill you if they wanted to. These aren't your children anymore. They are stone cold hearted monsters." The news reporter spoke.

My parents sat quietly not making a sound, eyes trained on the black box sat in front of them both .

They didn't even know I was here.

"We now have our Prime Minister here to talk to you! Please welcome Mister Dream XD!" A few claps were heard from the people witnessing it in person but other than that it was silent,

"Listen up everybody! I'm upset that we have to talk on these terms and that we can't be talking about the latest football match but I have come to the realisation of what is happening throughout our country. This needs stopping but to do that we need YOU to help! YOU can help just by handing in your kids and keeping the danger from the world! Any child between the ages of eight to fifteen are most likely affected by this disease! They need all the help they can get so be a good parent and help them through it! Hand them in and you will get a reward of a hundred pounds! You can help! Remember that! Thank you!"

He stepped down and was ushered away by a few guards as the reporter took her mic again.

I didn't hear what happened next because I left. I needed to get out of there before I did something I would regret like smashing the TV.

I'm not dangerous am I?

My parents wouldn't hand me in, they love me a lot.

Right..?

A breeze was coming through my bedroom window making a shiver go down my spine but I didn't want to move from my spot, lying on the floor.

I know my parents love me but... Do they love me enough to hide me?

Apparently there is two weeks until they check households.

I'm scared. I've never been more terrified in my life.

I'm a big man, I've always been one. So why am I scared. Is it ok for big men to be scared too?