16 - Friend or Foe?

Tommy was frozen. It wasn't particularly a cold night per se, but Tommy felt shivers go the down his spine when he looked at this man. 

'Guy' as Tommy had dubbed him, had caught sight of the small campsite and had started walking over. Each step Tommy felt his face pale even more, his palms start to sweat, and even his blood sugar run low-- which was never a good sign. 

The crunch of the mixture of the leaves and twigs under Guy's foot, got louder and louder as he came closer and closer. Tommy tried to scream for Tubbo and Ranboo-- tried to shake the tent so they would wake up but his body wouldn't let him make a single noise or movement. It felt like he had lost control of his body and he was just waiting for something bad to happen. 

The man was almost right beside him now and he couldn't help the fear that consumed his body. Paralyzed in fright, Tommy watched the man approach. Three steps-- two steps-- one step. 

Guy crouched down, his envious green eyes looking Tommy straight in the face. Tommy swallowed thickly but it went unnoticed to the elder. 

Then Guy.. smiled? 

"Hiya there! Im Clay. Clay Dream-- most of my friends just call me Dream. And you are?" He asked with a surprisingly welcoming, friendly tone. 

Tommy felt his body let him take control again as a wave of relaxation hit him. Blinking slowly he stared at the man weirdly. Wasn't he just about to kill him a second ago?

"Uh-- Tommy." He answered with a shrug. What could go so badly if he just gave him his name-- it wasn't even his real name to be fair. 

"Tommy..." Dream repeated. Pausing for a second as he went into deep thought he then smiled. "You don't look like a Tommy.. I'm gonna call you Tomathy." He stated firmly. 

Tommy blinked startled, then grinned, "ok, Dream" He said. 

Dream paused for a second before replying, "ok."

"..Ok?" Tommy asked raising an eyebrow.

"Ok." Dream repeated, firmer this time. 

There was an awkward silence for a minute before Tommy spoke, "Lovely sun innit?" 

Dream chuckled, "Tomathy, It's literally dark. There is no sun." 

"Oh yeah." Tommy said before bursting out into laughter, Dream soon joined in with a wheeze that sounded like a tea kettle going off. 

"What's going on?" A sleepy voice spoke out, stopping the laughter (and wheeze).

Both boys spun around to face a sleepy Tubbo who was rubbing his eye with one hand and closing back down the tent with the other. 

Looking up Tubbo spotted Dream and his eyes widened before he turned to look at Tommy. "Tommy are you insane? Who is this!" He demanded in a whisper shout. 

"Um, Tubbo this is Clayton, Clayton this is Tubbo." Tommy introduced awkwardly. 

With a sigh Tubbo turned to face Dream and rolled his eyes, "nice to meet you Clayton. I will be going back to bed now."

"Please just call me Dream." He smiled, letting his freckles dance in the moonlight, "this guys just weird," he stated while pointing at Tommy with his thumb. 

"You know I'm still here right?" Tommy asked, half joking, half not. 

"Well yeah duh. How else am I meant to give you constructive criticism?" Dream asked with a snicker. 

"Oh I hate you," Tommy said at the same time as Tubbo said, "Oh I love you. "

Dream laughed, "What can I say, I'm just a charming man."

a/n

i cut my hair lol.