22 - Techno and Wilbur

Techno and Wilbur didn't want to leave, but they understood no choice was given to them in the matter so they had too.

Their parents weren't rich enough to care for three children so they were giving the eldest two away to a close friend, leaving the youngest to grow up with his parents and without his brothers that loved him more than he would ever remember. If he remembered them at all.

The twins hearts were breaking as they stepped out of the house, luggage in hand. Something just didn't feel right about leaving their five year old brother behind. Would he even remember them?

He- He can't forget surely? He can't forget when he came to Wilbur's room nearly every night because he had another dopey nightmare, he can't forget when he stole Techno's cape because "it just looked so much cooler than his own," or when he made them both dress up as horses and carry him around the house. He can't forget it.

The twins knew there was a slim chance that he would remember, they knew that as years pass the memories will slip away and there won't even be a shadow of what used to be, instead just gone. Gone forever.

There isn't enough words to describe the feeling that seemed so content on settling in the boys' hearts. Heart-shattering isn't even a strong enough word.

It hurts, it hurts so fucking much but it has to be done.

So that's why they left before he could say goodbye. They didn't want him to say goodbye. Maybe it would have been nice to have the closure they needed, but there is this childish hope that they will see him again. And God bless whoever helps in making that happen.

Techno and Wilbur stayed with Puffy and Sam. Puffy and Sam were nice and they took care of them with such love that the twins didn't dwell much on the past.

Puffy and Sam cared for them until they didn't.

When Techno and Wilbur hit the ripe age of just fifteen news was spread around of some sort of magical abilities. It is stupid, they thought. How can kids randomly gain magical abilities? It's like some kind of children's fairytale book.

So they didn't believe it, but Puffy and Sam did. And Puffy and Sam sent them away to get tested without a second thought.

And gods that hurt.

They thought that the adults would care for them regardless of what happens but one rumour and they are sent away.

And to Wilbur and Techno's disbelief, they were tested and apparently had these "abilities."

And that- that was the moment the realisation hit that they would probably never see their little brother again.

Their little Theseus.

short chapter because i have have such bad writers block but happy new year everybody!