20 - Security Alerts

The camp has progressed so much in the past few weeks, it's almost unbelievable. The system got more and more advanced as more people came along and helped out.

It soon got pretty popular that word had started to spread about it and it was a dream to every kid. Apparently the people of the camp had collectively decided to call it "L'manburg" without really involving Tommy or his friends of this decision but they didn't mind because they liked the name. L'manburg, it had a kind of ring to it.

L'manburg was a dream to every kid whether they were still locked up in camps (the bad kind), or roaming free looking for a place to stay.

People that had been to L'manburg were always careful to never reveal the location, that was the one rule.

L'manburg had hundreds of tents that each fit six people. The tents were evenly spread out but not so much so that they were to close to the trees.

People came and went as they pleased although it was pretty much nearly always full.

As weeks passed by and time sped into late January, Tommy's lessons with Dream had been getting more and more complicated. It was getting harder for Tommy to keep the lessons a secret as they progressed as his friends were clearly getting more suspicious as by the minute.

One night though, when Tommy went to go to bed, he heard shuffling near by. Normally that wouldn't spook him because this was a campsite with hundreds of people but something about this time sent a cold-blooded shiver down his spine, making him freeze up in the chilly night air under the dozens of sparkly stars gazing down on him.

Slowly he began backing away from the orange-brown coloured tent, never taking his eyes of off that spot in the nearby bushes. As he heard it again he made sure that he wasn't in sight of whoever it was, but just then his communicator buzzed, giving him a red security alert which honestly spooked him more.

Then one by one he heard more and more communicators buzz before hearing the loud sound of the alarm blaring warningly. The person or people must have realised that they were busted because the next thing that Tommy heard was a gunshot and the shrill shriek of a girl, loud enough to burst his eardrums.

After that people were running everywhere- some screaming, some to scared to open their mouths.

Tommy's legs had started to move before he could even comprehend what was happening around him and thank god they did because he heard the whipping of wind as a bullet whizzed right behind him.

Tommy knew he was looking for four people in particular but he couldn't help the feeling in his stomach to make sure every single person was safe and to give them a massive hug each.

As Tommy ran, dodging bullets and attacks, he finally spotted one of the four he was looking for. The tall, lanky fellow was looking around the place awkwardly (assumingly for someone or something), when Tommy started sprinting towards him.

"Ranboo!" Tommy yelled, his voice barely loud enough to reach the other's ears over the chaos going on around them. Luckily though, said man said to hear him and whipped his head around quickly to see who had called his name.

As he saw who it was he quickly made his was towards the slightly shorter blond. "Tommy." Ranboo breathed, sounding as if he was desperately hard to hold in tears that so badly wanted to fall.

With a quick hug, the two went of to look for the others, soon finding Michael by the food storage tent obviously scared out of his mind.

"Michael, are you okay?" Both older boys said at the same time, Michael just shivering in response. "I don't think he's present, he might not be able to hear us." Ranboo spoke nervously, obviously worried for the small boy he'd grown to love so so much.

"Hold on I got this." Tommy spoke confidently, hauling Michael up on top of his shoulders before telling Ranboo that they were good to go and find Tubbo and Dream.

Tubbo was the next one they came across, he was sitting curled up in a ball under a table near the exit of the meeting tent. Goosebumps lined his skin as his teeth chattered from the cold, his lips almost going a tint of blue.

"Tubbo!" Tommy called, carefully running up to him making sure Michael didn't fall. "Tubbo, are you alright?"

Tubbo's head shot up at the voice and he quickly uncurled himself, standing up. "Uh.. I- I guess?" Tubbo answered but it came out as more of a question.

"Tubbo." Ranboo said softly, making Tubbo look up at him only now realising he was there. A small smile grew on his face as he looked to his friend and Tommy felt a twinge of jealousy fire through him.

Ranboo and Tubbo have been friends longer. He reminded himself bitterly.

"Okay, let's go find Dream." Tommy spoke interrupting Tubbo and Ranboo's hug and frantic talk.

Ranboo groaned audibly as he spoke, "do we have to find Dream?" he questioned, as if hoping Tommy would just let him go. It sounded mean but Ranboo knew Dream could handle himself and wouldn't really need their pathetic help.

"Yes!" Tommt exclaimed giving Ranboo a awful look. How dare he suggest that.

Tommy had already turned on his heal and began walking in the direction he randomly guessed Dream would be.

Tubbo rolled his eyes and followed, Ranboo doing the same albeit reluctantly.

About five minutes later Tubbo began to switch to Ranboo's side of the discussion that was quickly dropped. "Come on Tommy! Let's just go, it's not worth it! Did you just forget that there is literal shooters running around here trying to kill us? We need to get out of here!" Tubbo yelled.

"I'm not leaving a man behind!" Tommy yelled back, he knew he was always stubborn but it just didn't feel right to leave a friend behind.

"Well why not!" Tubbo replied back, he really hated Tommy's stubborn side sometimes.

Tommy stopped and spun around with the fiercest glade both Tubbo and Ranboo had ever seen, "because Tubbo, he's my friend and I care about him the same way I care about you or Ranboo or Michael, okay? Now let's go." He spoke coldly, spinning back around and beginning to walk again, leaving Ranboo and Tubbo to follow stunned and quietly.

When they did find Dream, it wasn't how they expected.

He was sitting calmly in his Kermit The Frog pyjamas on a spinny chair, sipping on a steaming mug of hot chocolate through a straw. He seemed to be watching the outdoor action with a smile on his face like this was some TV show, it made the others sick to the stomach.

Tommy was starting to regret coming after Dream but he was here now and he knew Dream knew he was here too.

"Dream?" Tommy whispered although Dream somehow heard it over all the noisy chaos from outside as he spun around ever so slowly.

Dream looked Tommy directly in the eyes and spoke, "isn't it great, Tommy?" he questioned, absentmindedly tracing the lettering of his mug with his finger. "Tommy you did this! You should be proud! With your little lessons everyday you've been keeping your guard down and I've been able to slip into your mind much easier and get the information I need! You know Tommy, before we met I could never erase ones memories but now I'm on a roll! It's amazing! Thank you!" Dream spoke as if this was some form of sick joke.

Dream smiled insanely as his eyes sparkled with the noises of screaming and chaos in the background.

"No." Tommy said, "No no no no! I trusted you! I trusted you, Dream. And you broke it! You are an insanely mad person and I hate you. I don't believe this. I actually don't believe this. I'm a fool, I should have known. You disgust me, Dream. You really do. Tommy spat. Somewhere within his rant he had started pacing up and down.

"What? You don't like it? Dream questioned with a mocking pout.

Tommy felt his anger flare up, as well as someone putting a hand on his shoulder, "No! Of course I don't like it you sick delusional fuck! You're messed up!" Tommy yelled, his voice going hoarse. He could feel tears running down his cheeks but he didn't care.

As he stared Dream in the eyes he shook his head with a sigh, "I thought we were friends, Clay." He whispered as he turned around and began walking away with Michael now on Ranboo's shoulders instead.