5- This Is The Law Now

Rising early, I quickly got changed as to not face the consequences.

It's brutal what they can do. Of course I've only experienced it a few times as I've learned how to knuckle down and get work done without fighting and or talking back, but some people just never seem to understand.

You would think that after three years they would stop fighting. 

Judging by everyone else waking up, it's almost time to get our schedules for the day.

I wonder what meal we'll get today, if any.

"Theseus?" A low whisper came from behind me.

"Shut up! They're gonna hear!" I whisper shouted turning to face that oh so familiar voice.

Purpled's stupid face stared back at me, trying to hold in a laugh.

He's one of the ones who never learn.

For a green he can be quite stupid.

"Anyways uh- how do I phrase this?" Purpled took a moment to think of how to ask about it.

"Gods sake just spit it out!" I yelled at him while managing to keep my voice low enough so no one else could hear.

"Uh- They're coming okay talk tonight. Make sure nobody knows." He said in a hushed voice before turning to avoid the fact we were just talking.

Groaning silently I turned around and lined up in front of the door. 

The door lined up and those who weren't lined up where harshly taken by the arm and led out. 

I feel the pain for them. 

A loud cough brought all of our attention to the front of the cabin where a camp controller was holding a gun with a stern look on his face. 

"Today you will have breakfast. Then you will waste no time in going out to the garden to start your work understood?" His voice was cold, stern and unnaturally deep. 

Nobody talked or moved. 

"I said am I understood!" He said again, raising his voice slightly, a few people nodded their heads but nobody spoke up with gave him a satisfactory laugh. 

Bastard. 

He turned on his heel and hummed a tune as he led us towards the cafeteria for breakfast. 

When we arrived at cafeteria he stopped and stood to the side to make sure we all went in and didn't wander. They didn't take wandering to nicely.

When we got our food it was the usual sloppy mush. 

It looks like pig food, probably is.

I started eating, with my hands, they don't like giving out cutlery because it is unnecessary dishes to wash. 

They treat us like animals and I don't like that. 

I don't know why I don't say anything about it, if I didn't know what they could do I might have. 

Then I would of been that example they made on the first day when a girl tried to run. 

Not a pretty image to think about. 

When I finished eating I got up, set my bowl over (not missing the glares from the adults), and headed outside to start with my duties.

This basically child labour but it doesn't matter, because this is the law now. 

--

Sorry for short chapter, I just wanted to get something out to say thank you for 100 reads! That's insane thank you! :D