19 - Teachings

The sun shone through the trees and onto the back of the two blonds as they made their way through the forest. The taller was in front, pushing each branch out of the way as it came by.

"How much longer Dream?" The boy behind called to the one in front while brushing a stray piece of hair out of his eyes with his left hand.

"Oh my gosh Tomathy, we've been walking for five minutes!" The older one responded, humour evident in his tone.

"Have not!" Tommy huffed, crossing his arms playfully.

Together they trekked on a while longer before coming to a stop beside the end of a river.

Mushrooms poked up behind tiny blades of grass as if they were a kid trying to see over the counter. Three tree stomps sat, a little spread out from each other allowing room to walk in between them. The trees were bare as it was late December, a few leaves scattered mindlessly on the ground. The stream of water ran quite smoothly until it came to a stop-- where one of the stomps started-- presumably going underground.

Dream took a seat on one of the stomps as he gestured for Tommy to sit on the one opposite him.

"The first step to learning is wanting to learn, Tomathy. If you don't want to learn, it simply won't let you." Dream started, smiling as he squinted to see Tommy as the sun was in his eyes.

"The next step is trusting the process. If you give up after one day because you think it's stupid or something then you aren't going to learn and you will be living in fear for the rest of your life."

"You also want to practise consistently, but not so much that you tire yourself out. If you do to much at one time you won't learn anything, you need to cut it down into short periods of time to give your brain time to process it."

"You will need to figure out a way to self-correct or at least figure out when you're wrong. There won't always be someone there to help you."

"If you talk to an object like it's a person and explain to them what you've learnt then it will be easier to remember because your brain processes it better as it's reusing the information instead of storing it."

Dream drifted his eyes around the surroundings for a brief second before his eyes widened, "Oh! I almost forgot! The final way to learn is to enjoy it and have fun!"

Tommy raised an eyebrow at the last one but nodded non the less. It felt like something a teacher in school would say, but what would Tommy know-- he hasn't been to school in years.

"Ok. Let's get this started then." Dream says, making Tommy grin.

-

"Michael, you got it!" Ranboo adds excitedly, a huge smile on his face.

"Yo, Michael! That's insane, big man!" Tubbo adds with a grin.

Michael beams proudly at his paper which has a single, messy sentence on it. He was making process and he was extremely proud of it.

"If you keep going at this rate you'll be better than me!" Tubbo exclaims genuinely happy for the youngest.

"That's not hard," Ranboo mumbled under his breath jokingly so that Michael couldn't hear it.

"Oh shush." Tubbo eyed his friend threateningly.

Ranboo just rolled his eyes and put his attention back to Michael who was staring at them with his head tilted to the side like a puppy in confusion.

"Don't worry about it Michael." Ranboo said with a smile.

Michael shrugged, not bothered, and continued to rewrite the alphabet over and over trying to get it perfect.

Tubbo and Ranboo felt like proud parents watching him. Almost like in a different world, with a different situation they might have been.

They could have been.

If only.

-

haha heyyyy, writers block is a b-i-t-c-h! big fat bitch. but uh yeah hi. just so you know im not dead um i swear i just went on hibernation.