15 - The Story Of Cinderella

"Alright boys almost done!" Ranboo calls out to Tommy and Tubbo who are helping him pitch the tents. 

"Just one pole there and-- yes! Done! Ranboo half instructs half celebrates. 

It's been a long day for the four, first the van's tires get punctured (they can't get new ones because they are literally on the run),  second they were almost unsuccessful from stealing tents and food (eh making it out alive is a success?) and third the rain has been pelting down all day and not one of them knew how to put up tents properly meaning it took them a few hours to get down. 

Tommy walked over to where Michael was lying, wrapped tightly in a thin blanket at an attempt to warm him up, and shook him lightly. "Come on Michael, wake up buddy." Tommy whispered softly to him. 

Michael's eyes opened slowly and he gave a nod of acknowledgement to show he was awake. As Michael was clearly to tired to walk inside himself, Tommy scooped him up gently and carried him over to one of the two tents they had set up, placing him inside. Re-wrapping Michael in a blanket, Tommy lay down beside him and turned to face him. 

"Want to hear a story Mike?" Tommy asked him, earning a sleepy nod in response. Despite being tired, Michael gave Tommy his full attention. 

Taking  a deep breath Tommy cleared his throat and began the first of many upcoming story telling nights. 

"Once, in a land far from here, there was a girl. Her name was Cinderella. She lived with her horrid stepmother and wicked stepsisters. Her sisters were so perfect and got all the attention, leaving poor Cinderella with none. Cinderella would do all the family chores-- cook, clean, dust, laundry, dishes and so on."

"One day, the Prince decided to throw a ball and invite everyone in the kingdom, Cinderella couldn't of been more excited-- maybe this was her opportunity to prove herself? So she made herself a dress from the remainders of her mothers old one. Sure it didn't look that great but it was a dress and she'd never wore a dress before so she was excited non the less."

Tommy paused before continuing, "Of course Cinderella's step-sisters didn't think of it that way, no. Her step-sisters, Anastasia and Drizella make fun of her for even thinking she could go to the ball. Cinderella of course got upset by this. Her step-sisters got to go to this big fancy ball and Cinderella didn't. It wasn't fair. Cinderella wished she could go to the ball as well."

"As soon as Cinderella's step mother and sister left, she went outside by the plants to cry. She really did want to go to this ball but she knew she would never get the chance. While Cinderella was sitting moping in her own sadness she didn't even notice the strangely dressed women come up behind her. Tapping her on the back, the lady spoke. 'You called?' she said, Cinderella was confused by this, she didn't call a random lady over to her house?"

"'No? Who are you and why are you here?' Cinderella spoke through her sobs, 'why I'm you're fairy god mother of course!' The lady said. Cinderella thought this was some kind of sick joke, 'what? Those only exist in fairy tales!' she said. The fairy god mother laughed and said, 'well I'm here and you wish to go to the ball and I'm going to grant your wish!'"

"Can you really do that?' Cinderella asked in disbelief. 'Of course I can! Now lets hurry up before the ball is over!' After that, the fairy godmother swooshed her magic wand and gave Cinderella a marvellous blue dress. Cinderella was stunned. She couldn't believe it! She had a dress for the ball!" 

Michael giggled a bit, he was now staring at Tommy eager to find out what happens next in the story. 

"'This is wonderful!' Cinderella spoke. The fairy godmother chuckled, 'I'm not done yet!' She tapped her wand again and a very beautiful carriage and horse appeared at the gates. 'Thank you!' Cinderella said with excitement. She was going to the ball!"

"But before Cinderella could rush off to the ball the fairy godmother spoke, 'Wait! There is one thing you must know!' Cinderella spun around to face her, uncertainty evident on her face. 'Don't worry dear, it's just that the spell will run out at midnight so you need to be careful!'"

Michael gasped, making Tommy laugh a bit before he continued on. 

"When they got to the ball Cinderella was asked to dance with the Prince!" Tommy spoke with overexaggerated excitement making Michael laugh. "But soon the clock ticked midnight and Cinderella knew she best be getting home or everyone would know it was her! So she quickly ran out of the castle, down the steps and into her carriage. She didn't even realise one of her shoes had slipped off but she didn't have time to go get it."

"As soon as she got into the carriage it was off, navigating her to her house. When Cinderella got out at her house the carriage disappeared and her clothes turned back to the homemade ugly dress she had been wearing before. She ran inside gracefully and hurriedly rushed to finish her chores before her family came back. What she didn't know though was that the Prince had her slipper and was trying to find her! He went through every girl in the kingdom before he finally reached Cinderella's house." Michael gasped again and Tommy smiled continuing on. 

"By this time, Cinderella's sisters and mother were home and she was being bossed about again. There was a knock at the door and Cinderella's sister Anastasia went to get it. When she called that it was the Prince and a few royal guards Cinderella was sent upstairs to be locked away. They didn't want her to ruin their chance at becoming the new queen." 

Michael pouted his lip in sadness, Tommy brushing his hair out of his face. 

"The Prince asked the three ladies to see if their foot fit in the slipper, wanting to find his perfect dance partner to be his bride. None of which fitted. The Prince turned to leave when he heard a really lovely voice singing from up the stairs, 'who's that?' he asked the mother. 'Oh nobody important.' The mother said with slight disappointment, 'well I still must see if the shoe fits!' He told her, and the mother agreed hesitantly. "

"When they reached the door Cinderella was in the mother unlocked it and stepped in. Cinderella stopped singing embarrassed. 'Will you try this shoe for me?' The Prince asked her, Cinderella nodded feeling a flutter in her heart. She tried the shoe and..." Tommy paused to build excitement, (it seemed to be working, Michael looked like he was going to bust.)

"It fit!"  He said. Michael giggled happily and pumped his fists in the air, making Tommy laugh. 

"After that, the Prince asked Cinderella to live in the castle with him and get married-- Cinderella never had to see her ugly step sisters again! The end." Tommy finished his story and Michael hummed before closing his eyes sleepily. 

"Goodnight Michael," Tommy said before kissing his head and stepping outside the tent where he spotted Tubbo and Ranboo sitting on the grass talking quietly together. 

Upon seeing Tommy, Ranboo grinned. "Nice story dude." He spoke, the edges of his tone laced with a joking tone. 

"Thanks," Tommy spoke smirking. 

He joined them on the damp grass and Tubbo chucked him a bottle of water. 

They stayed up for an hour or two later before deciding that Tommy would take first lookout while Tubbo and Ranboo slept, telling Tommy to wake Ranboo up in about two or three hours time for his shift. 

Tommy stayed quiet as he watched, everything seemed normal until he spotted a kid about his age, maybe a year older wearing a green hoodie with a white smiled etched on it, start to walk closer to him. 

Oh boy what does he do now?