Chapter 19

19

"Welcome home" Aqui greeted me with a warm hug on the airport. I smiled and did the same thing.

After twelve years, I'm finally back.

"Can I welcome my sister too?" I laughed at kuya, he was raising his eyebrow with his arms folded in front of his chest.

"Aww, I missed you too Kuya!" I quickly hug him and he smiles. "Mom and dad will be back next week, they're still figuring something out, pinauna na nila ako" I said when I broke the hug.

"Yeah, they called me" he replied and I nodded.

On our way home, we visited a new branch of Arquin's restaurant to catch up with our lives, but I doubt I have any thing to say since they know what's happening to me, as always.

Kuya got home a month ago. While Aqui, he was on the Philippines a lot earlier than us, since he have a lot of businesses here.

Aqui is my long-term boyfriend, we got together five years ago in France, a typical confession with sweet agendas and he proposed a month ago and that's it.

With a few days of rest and fixing all my papers and application, I'm finally settled in. I got accepted on a hospital not far away from my condo. Since, I am a architect-doctor, I need to apply on medicine. I have no problem with architecture since I'm already applied on a company my mom and dad run.

"When are you starting?" Aqui is with me, we're at the condo and he's cooking me a meal. He's talking about my work at the hospital.

"Tomorrow" sagot ko naman.

"That early?" tanong niya naman ulit.

"Early? I don't think so, I'm here for two weeks already, it's just right that I go to work" I replied, he just nodded.

Alam ko naman na gusto niya pang mag spend ng time with me pero kailangan ko ng magtrabaho, I don't like being stuck without doing anything, ayokong naka standby.

"I heard Leo is with the hospital you will gonna work with" paglapag niya ng pinggan ay umupo siya sa harapan ko.

Medyo nagulat naman ako dahil hindi ko alam. Nobody told me?

"Really? I didn't know, saan mo naman nakuha?" tanong ko, I was confused and surprised at the same time.

"Oh? I have a friend that works there and he told me about it, I'm also shocked when I knew about it since, you know about the incident in the shop in Paris?" sagot niya.

Right...I almost forgot. I saw Ethan again after twelve years of not seeing each other, and now I'm gonna work with Leo, I guess?

"It's nothing to worry about, it's just Leo" I said. Leo and I used to be so close, well the two of us started being friends earlier than the rest of the circle, but ever since the break up, everything changed.

"How can I not worry about that? You're my gorgeous lady, you finished the puzzle" I laughed at his response. Such a jealous man.

"Do you think I'm gonna replace you? I'm already tired dealing with one problem, I wouldn't want to add one" he raise one of his eyebrows kaya mas lalo akong natawa. "I'm kidding, I love you" dagdag ko naman.

"That hurts, and don't ever think you can get me with an I love you, of course you can, I love you more" he smiles, nagsalukbaba pa siya at nagpacute kaya hindi na ako tumigil sa kakatawa.

He's adorable and he knows that well.

"How are you...Sky..? Long time no see?" Leo was hesitant when he greeted me. He was staring at me from head to toe.