Chapter 21

21

"The place was bigger than I thought, we need to measure it by today, I don't have time this week, call a team that can measure it" I told Ethan.

We went to Batangas to check the place where the hotel needs to be built. The measure of it can be a whole barangay, it's only a flat land that is surrounded by sea water pero malaki.

"They can get here by an hour, they need an equipment" he replied after making a call. I nodded.

I stared at his hand, it's still patched because Leo just removed the stitches the other day, since it's my day off when he came. I pulled an ointment in my pocket and tossed it to him.

"Use it to prevent a scar" I said before walking away. I still need to check the island well, we can't harm the natural resources of it. We need to dig 10ft below para sa gusto nilang design.

I talked with the client na din and pinakita ang mga sketches ko, agad naman silang nakapili dahil sila ang nagbigay ng informations.

"I heard there is a mine near here, we need to close it up to prevent damage if they want to continue this project" I didn't noticed that he followed me, I looked at him.

"Yeah, the ground is stable but if we dig, it can be the end of this island, nasa kabilang isla ang minahan, I already talked with the barangay captain, they agree to close it, they can start tomorrow, I'm just here for the measurements so I can adjust the sketch" I replied and he nodded.

Since Batangas is a bit far, medyo natagalan din bago dumating yung team na mag me-measure sa isla pero agad naman din nilang sinimulan. It took around an hour and a half to finish.

"Here are the measurements, it's a bit complicated around here so just watch out" Ethan handed me a sheet, he was talking about the width of the island since hindi naman perfect ang shape nito.

"I'll keep that in mind" tinanguan ko siya bago ipagpaalam ang sarili ko na aalis na. I don't have to stay there kaya iniwan ko na sakanila ang iba pang kailangang gawin.

Kabalik ko ng company, agad akong nagkulong sa office ko to start the sketch, I just need to adjust few things and it's good to go. It is indeed complicated to measure where to put the landscape of the building because of the shape, I tried a couple of strategies but ended up shrinking the build a bit just to fit it in.

Days have passed. I submitted the final sketch of the hotel so they can start working on it, but I still need to go there to guide them pero, hindi ako pwede dahil may malaking surgery ako. I didn't wanna risk my patient's life just to start the project, they can start it without me.

"How's my patient?" I asked Leo since he's the one who checked the patient I'm gonna operate this week, kaka-labas ko lang kasi ng operation room since I had a minor operation na ginawa.

"She's complicated" he answered and sighs "Her breathing is faint, her heartbeat is weak and I don't think she can last another week, we need to do the operation as soon as possible" I walked towards the bed.

He is right. Ang putla niya na, we need to do it or else we're gonna lose her.

"I expected this, we need to do it sooner, I'll call her parents to let them know, can you check if we have any vacancy?" I replied. Tinignan ko si Leo at tumango naman siya, he walked out the room.

This girl's kidneys are failing, we need to remove them, we already have a donor, it's risky to replace the two at the same time so we need to be extra careful, it can be fatal.

I checked her situation before walking out the room and seeing her parents at the front desk.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I approach them, agad na nabalot ng pag-aalala ang mga mukha nila so I assure them that'l everything is alright.