Chapter 22

22

"What the hell, Pre?!?" Kyle was so loud. He's mad, as he should be.

"Keep it down" I replied.

"How can we keep it down Ethan? You broke up with Sky, and for what reason? You didn't even tell her, what's wrong with you?" Leo is furious.

It's just right they act this way, I'm not blaming them. Sky, the woman I love, I devote my life into... I have the guts to leave her, but it's for the best. I'm just gonna tie her down.

"I cannot even defend you right now, you're not in your right mind, we are your friends but we are not tolerating this behavior, what would Sky feel? Can you imagine just how broken she is right now? How dare you leave her on the streets" Ellaine said. They were all angry at me.

"I know what I did, it's for her, don't worry about it" I tried to keep it cool, I'm trying hard to keep it cool.

I know how she felt. I know how it shattered her, I saw her sitting on the road but I cannot go back, I cannot turn to hold her again. I didn't wanna do what I did but it's for her, I swear, everything is for her.

How much she wanted to be home, so if I let her go, she will be home.

"I know this is sudden, but I need to talk to you about something, about Sky, so please bare with me" Luke, Sky's brother showed up at my condo.

I was a bit worried, what does he have to tell me about my girlfriend? Is she alright? I was so eager to know. I invited him inside but he refused.

"I wouldn't be long, I just want to tell you that Sky is being tied down" he sighed. I was caught off guard, I didn't expect that, at all. "It's not ypur fault, trust me that I am really grateful that you bring joy to my sister but, I don't think she can make decisions right now.. because of you" I was listening. I want to know what happened, why all of the sudden?

"Do you want me to leave her?" I asked directly and he glared at me. I'll take that as a no.

"No, don't you dare, I just want you to talk with her, assure her that everything will be alright" he answered and I nodded.

"Is there something more, I need to know?" I asked and he took a deep breath.

"You know our family matter, Sky and my parents are not in good term, well my parents already forgive her but she can't forgive herself and now my father needs her, she needs to go abroad, but Sky is not budging, she wants to stay, with you... No offense but, I think you'll understand how important for my family to be with her again, they just want their daughter back, please I know I'm being selfish, but just please, if I need to beg, I will do it, just so you can convince my sister to go" he even bowed his head.

I'm stunned about the information. Sky didn't tell me a thing. And abroad? Why does she need to go there?

"My father is sick, his environment is affecting him so he needs to go abroad, you might be wondering, what does sky have to do with it? Well, dad is losing hope, he wants to be with his daughter one more time, he wants to held her like when she is five, but the time is ticking, if we're not gonna leave this weak, my father wouldn't last, he needs Sky, so please just for now, let us have her" he explained.

I'm still processing everything. He doesn't want me to break up with her, but what the hell is this feeling? It feels like he wants to...

"What do you want me to do?" I asked again.

This is confusing. What does he really want?

"Convince her, you don't have to break up with her, she needs you, but we need her, distance will just be your challenge but please Ethan, help me, I don't know what to do with her anymore, if she stay, my father..dad will be gone" he replied.