Chapter 20

20

"Where? I thought you already found an architect for the for the project?" I asked my mother. I am in her office, talking with her about this new project in Batangas.

"Yeah, but she requested a leave because of a family emergency, I didn't have a choice, can you do it? I promise honey, it's not gonna be a hussle, I just need you to–" I cut her off.

"It's fine mom, it's my choice to have a two degree so be it, I'll take the job, I cannot just abandon architecture, I love this job" I smiled at her and she sighed of relief.

"Thank you sweetheart, it's a collaboration with the C.O company so it's not gonna be hard for you, they are our number one partner in this business, rest assured" sagot niya naman and I nodded.

She told me everything about the project, what the client want, turns out they are planning on building a hotel in an island in Batangas, which is kind of complicated but cool at the same time. The location is a bit far, but it will do since I'm only doing the sketch.

"Please keep me updated, I'll go to work now" nagpaalam na ako sakanya to go to the hospital.

I was called to the E.R immediately dahil naging busy and all doctors are occupied, may dumating kasing mga pasyente from a bus that crashed.

I was running around the halls and room to room to treat as many as I could, the crash is not that serious but there are a lot of people injured.

"Be careful, we don't want to treat a doctor" Leo catched my arm before I could even fall onto the floor.

"Yes, thank you" ngumiti ako sakanya at nagpatuloy.

Nagtagal din kami sakanila but eventually everything turns out fine. Nakahinga ako nang maluwag.

I was leaning on my chair to relax my back since nangawit. I thought I could rest pero hindi pa man ako nakakaupo ng maayos ay tinawag ulit ako.

"There is someone that wants to see you, doc" sabi sa akin ng isang nurse and tumango ako bago sumunod sakanya.

I was surprised when I saw Aqui at the entrance of the hospital, he was grinning at me with a big red spot on his arm.

I quickly rushed to him to see what happened.

"Sorry, I got too clumsy" he chuckles and I glared at him.

"Take this seriously Aqui, you're hurt, come here, let me treat you" pinaupo ko siya at agad na inagapan yun. "What happened?" nag-aalalang tanong ko pa.

"I spilled the oil and it burned me" he was smiling apologetically. "But I'm okay, it's just a minor burn, I'll be fine, right?" he was trying to assure me. I sighed.

"Yes it's not, but you need to be careful, this will  surely leave a mark, I'll get you an ointment later" I replied and he smiled at me.

"Thank you, I'm glad that I have a good doctor" pambobola niya pa at suminghal naman ako.

"And that's not an excuse to get yourself hurt" tinaasan ko pa siya ng kilay at umiling-iling.

"I know, I'm sorry, it won't happen again, ma'am!" tumawa pa siya. He's not really taking any of this seriously, so I just shrugged and finished treating him.

We talked for a bit before he decide to go.

"Don't go to work Aqui, go home and rest" pagpa-paalala ko naman sakanya.

"Yes, yes, I'll see you later" he kissed my forehead before going, he even wave at me. Hinintay ko munang mawala ang sasakyan niya before going back inside the hospital.