Chapter 12~ Heartbeats

~🌷~

"shh, it's okay, I'm here."

I heard her sobs and throwing out any thoughts about the "physical contact" out of the window, I gently caged her in my arms even tighter than before. Never in the world I had thought that tears of any women would affect me as Eyah's was doing to me.

After a good one to two minutes, I felt her calm down a bit and back away from me

After a good one to two minutes, I felt her calm down a bit and back away from me... Yet, ..... It felt too soon.

How I wish I could keep her in my---- Aish, the hell you are thinking taheyung.

She's just a friend and you are comforting her.. Just as a friend.

Her soft sniffles pulled me out of my trance and I focussed on her. Slowing and gently, I held her shoulders and made her sit on her bed. I dashed away from the room to get a Jar and glass to make her drink water.

Pouring a glass half-filled with water, I handed her, "Drink this!" I said softly and she obliged.

Gulping down the half of the water that was in the glass she put that back on the nightstand near her bed where I had kept the water jar.

Her puffy red eyes, red nose and swollen cherry lips were the last thing I want to see on Earth no matter how cute and chubby she was looking right now..

Aaah, what am I even thinking.

"Tell me what happend?"

After gulping a lump of tears past her throat, she started speaking through her sniffles and hiccups.

"My-My Dad had a minor Heart attack day before yesterday, he was admitted to hospital... Doctor said that he needs a surgery immediately... My family is waiting for me but I couldn't be there. "

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Eyah, I really am."

She lifted her eyes to meet mine.

"I insterted the new SIM card in the phone you brought me and called my parents cause it's been days I have contacted them, then my mother told me about this incident * Sniffles * I d-don't know what do "*sniffles*"

"Hey" I said, lifting myself from the ground and sitting next to her on her bed.

"H-he's gonna be alright, don't worry" I said, stuttering, not sure if it was the right thing to say. It's not like I comfort people everyday, I don't. My profession doesn't allows me to be tender but with this lil women soaking her sweater pawns in tears, I want to.. I know I felt it right from where that warm feeling originates whenever she's close.

"Thank you Tae." She said, in a shaky breathe, smiling, a sad one though.

"I just wanted to be with him through that" she mumbled but it was audible enough for me.