Chapter 14~ Save Me

~🌷~

This chapter is dedicated to- mahikarai07
A very happy birthday to you🤍

Eyah's POV~

"Save me! Please!" A voice whispered, chills ran down my spine as i gasped for air. Waking up from the nightmare, i looked at my bedside lamp to grab glass filled with water but to my disappointed, the glass was empty. Pushing my feets down the floor, i made my way out of my room to the kitchen to drink water but that women's voice kept coming back to me.

In the nightmare i had this night, i saw her face. Somehow, after everything I've been through, all the medical treatment led me to forget her face but the memories of that night kept coming back to me in form of nightmares. How can I forget she asked me to help her but i couldn't.

Yesterday was fun, after fetching my brother it was around evening already and since we were tired of the journey, we were off to bed early after dinner. Tae couldn't stop appreciating my mother's cooking skills and my mother couldn't help feeding tae even when he insisted he was full.

Tae!!

How well he behaved with my parents, i just can't.. can't ever be thankful enough for everything he has ever done with me.

He keeps amazing me with his kind-heart and pure soul. He saved me, gave me shelter, protected me, held me when no one else was beside me, rescued me, and yet again came all the way to this city so that i could meet my dad and be here for his sugery.

Does people like him actually exist?

It's hard to believe...

It's hard to believe he's a human...

He's an Angel!

And i always feel safe under his wings...

Even though he only had his father by his side, he's grown to be someone you'd be proud to be call yours....

Ummm.. yours friend.

I should tell tae about my nightmare, it may help him in solving the case. I sh-

"Eyah!" I turned back to the voice to see tae standing at the door with his fluffy bed hair, squinted eyes, wearing grey sweatpants and grey hoodie.

"Tae! What are you doing here? Can't sleep?" I asked walking toward him.

"Yeah changing bed always keep me awake the first night!" He said, softly as we made our way through the living room toward balcony

"Let's sit for a while!" I suggested, motioning toward the two small chair and table set in the varendah which my parents had sat there so they could get good sunshine in time of winters.

Nodding his head, tae followed me outside toward the chairs.

After a minute of silence, i was contemplating whether it would be the right time to tell him about the nightmare or not that-

"Speak up! " I turned to Tae, getting caught off guard as he was always looking at me.

"I know you wanna share something Eyah, tell me!" He asked again, softly. God, how could he just read me like an open book.

"I- I had a nightmare...i saw the women from the incident, this time her face and her voice was clear. She... She was asking for my help tae and i- i couldn't. " I said, looking at my lap, disappointed in myself to not being able to help.

"Eyah! It's not your fault, you almost died trying to save that women... There was nothing better you could have done. You don't realise it but you're so very brave and above all... Don't be disheartened, we'll search for her and we'll save her too, i promise." He said, with voice softer and huskier than i have ever heard... His eye held and emotion that was begging me to believe him and i did.

But his eyes, his eyes seemed familiar... Like i just saw it few minutes ago.. in that dream?

His eyes held an even stronger promise than his works.

I nodded.

"You know, there's something good i wanted to tell you" i told him, smiling sweetly.

"Fill me in." He said, with same compassion.

"You know, before everything happened.. i mean the incident and then shifting to your house and all... I had actually applied for a professional art course in foreign university. The university is so esteemed and there weren't any chances of me being selected but guess what, last night i received their mail informing me that I'm SELECTED!!!" I almost screamed by the end because of the excitement.

"W-wow, that's great Eyah. Umm... Very good, that's good " Tae said, smiling. But that smile wasn't reaching upto his eyes, his smile didn't had that glint it usually has. Taehyung is not someone who smiles alot but whenever he does, he has this strange pull and attraction and innocence in his smile, the smile he just displayed lack that genuine joy!

"It's good news right?" I asked.

Tae averted his gaze from me to the sky and murmered a slight 'very good'

We sat like this for couple more minutes, it wasn't an awkward silence but i knew something was brewing in Tae's mind.

"Eyah?"

"Ha?"

"When would you leave me- i mean leave for that course?" He asked, softly with an unknown sadness laced in his voice, but it couldn't be sadness right?

"No until new year, not until dad is back to health, not until this case is solved. I'm yet to respond to their approval." I said, looking at same sky as him.

"Good! We should get back to sleep now."

Getting up from our chairs we made our way inside but something in me made me do what i wouldn't have thought I'd do.

I grabbed his wrist in mine, making him turn toward me and asked,

"Would you miss me if I'm gone?"

//I hope you enjoyed it, my small token of affection//