Chapter ~ 16 Mine

~🌷~

"Good afternoon Mrs. Jung" , said dr. Jungkook.

"hello my dear, can't spend a single day without meeting you..... see how much i miss you" said Eyah's mother to Dr. Jungkook, in a playful manner.

I was surprised to see Eyah's parent's closeness to this doctor, usually doctors are too busy to behave as such. He wasn't very old, rather he was around same age as me may be even a bit younger.

"the feeling is mutual beautiful, and must these two be?" asked Dr. Jungkook gesturing toward me and Eyah.

"oh! oh my poor memory, i forgot to introduce this is my daughter Eyah and he is Officer Taehyung, Eyah's boyfriend." said aunty signing toward Eyah and me one by one, introducing us.

Eyah politely smiled and nodded her head in affirmation and i forwarded my hand toward the Doctor for a handshake

"Detective Kim Taehyung, Seoul Police Station." " Dr. Jeon Jungkook, Cardiologist."

we shook hands in a firm grip. Being a police officer and having a good physic comes hand in hand but i can tell that the doctor must be following some exercise routine because of his firm hold and visible biceps.

"Glad to finally meet Ms. Jung, heard a lot about from your parents. Guess it is a lucky day today." said Dr. Jungkook, after releasing my hand and narrowing his spectrum of interest toward Eyah.

"Nice to meet you too, Dr. Jungkook " Eyah replied is soft tone with a pleasant smile.

i am not much of a observer but even a blind can tell that Eyah has a beautiful smile and sometimes i feel an intrinsic urge to never let her smile fade... i always want to see her happy. the other day when she was crying miserably, i felt like a part of me burning, with an aching not in my throat. But that is not what i am feeling now.

 But that is not what i am feeling now

NO NO!

i feel something burning inside but it is not the same part that burns when she is hurt, or may be it is... whatever it is, i can tell one thing that it is negative and even more controlling than the other feeling. i have feeling like i want to isolate Eyah from the world and keep her only to myself. such stupid things I'm feeling all of a sudden, like a petite girl on her periods.

or maybe the cupid has found its way into your head, into me i mean.

Said my Brain.

" well, tell me about dad's health please, what's the condition?" asked Eyah.

such a good girl she is.

"yes, yes... he suffered a minor heart attach, angina pain. upon detailed diagnosis through Angiography, we concluded that you dad has clumping in some of his veins transporting blood from heart. due to this blockage in veins the blood gets retained in heart longer than normal time and leads to heart attack and severe chest pain. It's good that he was admitted to hospital and we could perform diagnosis to know this condition early before further deterioration of health. and thankfully the blockage is not in the main artery because the vessel that transports blood into the heart and any malfunction could have fatal consequences."

Explained Dr. Jungkook in scientific English, although it seems the situation is not very bad and early diagnosis helped in finding out the problem before it worsen.

" so what is the surgery about and can it be performed as early as possible. " i asked.

"Angioplasty is required to be performed, in order to remove cholesterol clots from the blood, it could be performed tomorrow around 2 at noon. For that, you must come to hospital at 10am sharp so that we could perform pre-surgical procedures such as ECG, chest X-ray and blood determination test. although we are all trained physicians here but I'm abide to inform that a surgery is a surgery, unexpected complications can occur so prepare yourself, we'll indeed do our best and it'll be all fine, let's hope. "

"Okay doctor, we'll be here on time." Said Eyah's mother with a worried expression.

"Okay now please excuse me." Said doctor jungkook and left the cabin.

As doctor left, i draped my arm around Eyah's mother and consoled her about the surgery.

We all left for home and the tension and anxiety about uncle's surgery was around every corner of the house.

No one was willing to eat or talk or sleep but i tried my best to make everyone Eat, specially aunty and uncle. After such a long time, i have felt what family feels like and i want to be there for them just like a son, they call me.

Next day~

At hospital-

Eyah's POV-

Today is dad's surgery and i can't help but feel restless.
This is it, this is the time we have been waiting for and have been afraid of.

Dr. Jungkook said they'll do there best but he also informed about the compilations that can arise. I pray to God that he protects dad.

Mom seems strong from outside but deep down i know very well that she's even more worried and anxious than me. Of course, she'd be... They have been in love for so long... Sometimes i want to attain such elevated form of life for myself with someone, to Love someone endlessly.

May be with.. Aah what am I even thinking.

"Who's with Mr.Jung?" Asked a nurse and gestured us to follow her.

Me and taehyung moved inside.

Inside the cabin Dr. Jungkook was sitting on his chair on the other side of the table with his apron on.

"Good morning Ms. Jung and who are you to her, if i may ask!" Asked doctor jungkook looking between tae and me.

"Umm..." I was wondering over what to say when...

"I'm her fiance."

//I can't be sorry enough for late update 😞//