XV

JENNIE

Jisoo didn't say anything about Kai calling me, but it's clear she's changed. From a fire to an iceberg. She didn't treat me badly, but she stayed distant. The truth is, I don't even know why he called me. We haven't spoken in a long time and I didn't even know he had my number yet.

I get up with difficulty and drag myself to the bathroom. When I leave, still dragging myself, I squeal when I see Jisoo sitting on my bed while reading a book. She's wearing the smallest of her skirts, black boots, an open shirt button showing part of her cleavage, and to make matters worse, she's wearing glasses.

Have I mentioned how hot she looks when she wears glasses? I can't even look at it much that I feel my body heat up from jumping on her.

"Good morning, Jendeukie." She says without looking away from the book.

"I didn't know you were here." I swallow hard as I walk to the closet.

"Should I go?"

"No," I say after a while. I'm just finishing buttoning my shirt when I see her approach me. Jisoo is so serious.

"Could you hurry? We have a place to stop by before school and I don't want to be late." She crosses her arms, leaving her cleavage more showing and passes by me, going around the closet.

"Where do we have to go?" I sigh as I dress the skirt and try to close the zipper. I'm shaking, I don't even know why, but it can only be because of Jisoo.

"I'll help you with that." I feel her hands on mine and that familiar electric current runs through my body. She's so close to me her breath is hitting my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Wondering if we should skip class since it's so much more interesting here, lacking a bit of heat." She whispers and I shiver, but then she zips up and she walks away, leaving the closet. After I finish getting ready, she pulls me by the hand and kisses me softly. "You're so beautiful, Jen, it makes me angry." She sighs heavily and I start to laugh.

According to Jisoo, she's the one who will take us to school from today, every day. We pass by my favorite place and she gets us our breakfast, hot chocolate and waffles. When I finish eating, we arrive at school. She puts on sunglasses and a black leather jacket before getting out of the car and I shudder slightly as I remember the moment inside the closet this morning. We attracted surprised looks and more whispers than usual.

"Unnies!" Chae smiles at us. Jisoo wraps her arm around my waist as we walk inside. "Did you reverse roles today?"

"Huh?" I say confused.

"Look at you! Jisoonie is totally bad girl while you're so well behaved." Jisoo laughs when she hears it.

"It's nice to change sometimes, Chipmunk." Jisoo lowers her glasses and winks at Chae who blushes. I slap her and Lisa approaches without understanding anything.

"Stop flirting with other people!" I say irritated and she pulls me closer to her, her face so close I feel her breath hit my lips. Right there, in the middle of the hallway, in front of everyone. When she looks at my lips, she just shakes her head with a smirk on her face and moves away. My brain is still trying to process what just happened and everyone is looking at us.

"And I thought my arrival would attract the spotlight, but you stole my moment, as always, Kim Jisoo." that familiar voice, deeper than usual. My heart stops beating and I turn around slowly to make sure that's who I'm thinking. "JenJen." Kai smiles.

"Jongin, what a pleasant surprise." Jisoo opens the biggest and most false smile in the world "We miss you."

"You? I don't know, but Jennie, I'm sure you felt it." He smiles and I look away. What's he doing here? Right here? There are so many schools for him to go to.

"What are you doing here?" I sigh and feel Jisoo pull me closer to her.

"I'm one of the new students" he shrugs and approaches me "You changed, I didn't know you were the good girl here." he reaches out to put his hand on my face and Jisoo holds his wrist, twisting it.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on Jennie, ever again." She says softly, making me, Lisa and Chae look scared at her. "I swear, if you ever think about doing anything with Jennie again, you're going to get way more than a sprained wrist." She pushes him and they stare at each other until the bell rings. "Oh, finally." She turns to me smiling as if nothing had happened. "Come on, Jendeukie." She takes my hand and intertwines her fingers with mine.

"What was this?" I say as we enter the room and sit down.

"What?" She takes off her glasses and smiles at me.

"What was this situation with Kai? Did you know he would be transferred? Is that why you've been so estranged from me these past few days?"

"Lots of questions, but I knew." She shrugs. When she opens the notebook, there's another paper folded in it, she stares at it for a moment, looking indecisive.

"What's it?" I say and she seems to come out of a trance, she takes the paper and throws it into her backpack.

"Nothing, why?" She takes a pen and doesn't look at me.

"What role was that?" I arch an eyebrow.

"Trash." she shrugs and the teacher enters the room. As I'm sitting by the window, I look out and let out a long breath. Kai is back and my head starts to hurt.

"I want the trios to get together and start lining up what they already have ready for work." she says and I roll my eyes. This class is going to suck. When I least expect it, Irene sits on Jisoo's lap, who chokes on air and looks at me, not knowing what to do.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I raise my voice and Irene laughs.

"The teacher told us to meet, so I came to meet with you two." she wraps her arms around Jisoo's neck who raises her hands up without touching Irene. She is looking at me with dread in her eyes.

"Get off my girlfriend!" I push her and she gets up.

"Kim, you're very possessive. Your ex is back, you should stay with him and make this beauty available" Irene smiles at Jisoo "Bad girl suits you a lot more, trust me." she approaches Jisoo again and I go in front. Before I say anything, Jisoo pulls me onto her lap.

"Okay, you can sit in Jen's chair, she doesn't mind." Jisoo smiles at her and Irene rolls her eyes.