XIX

JISOO

"Kim Jisoo, Kim Jennie and Kim Jongin immediately attend the board." the voice sounds shrill through the loudspeakers right after lunch.

"Did you fight again, Jisoo?" Jennie stares at me and I roll my eyes.

"I make a point of ignoring that asshole, I have no time to waste with your ex-boyfriend, Jennie." deep breath. I didn't even do anything, I didn't give a clue and she's already prejudging me. I start walking towards the board.

"Why are you so angry? I asked you a simple question." She tries to hold my wrist, but I pull hard and knock on the door three times.

"Come in, Kim Jisoo!" I hear the director's voice and smile at him as I enter.

"How did you know it was me?" I smile and sit in one of the 4 chairs in front of him.

"Only you hit it that way," he laughs. "How are your parents?"

"Good, I think. I haven't talked to them for a while, business and all that." I shrug.

"Did I do something wrong this time?" I hear Jennie. She is still standing at the door.

"Not this time, Miss Kim. Please sit." He nods and she sits beside me, leaving only a chair on each side. "I was upset to hear that you went to detention, Jisoo." he adjusts glasses on his face.

"Good afternoon! Sorry for the delay." Kai leans in the door and walks in, sitting next to Jennie, he smiles broadly at her "Hey, Jen. How are you? Hi, Kim." he looks at me and I ignore him. The director arches an eyebrow at us.

"I arrived, I was getting the forms." Taehyung enters and closes the door, sitting beside me. He doesn't look at me, so I cross my arms. How wonderful, my friend is ignoring me.

"Well, let's get started." the director forces a cough "You were chosen to participate in the biology congress that will take place in Jeju in a few days." he smiled.

"Me?" Jennie says confused. "Why?"

"We think it would be good for a not so exemplary student to participate, this could change things." I take the form that Tae gives us and realize that Kai held Jennie's hand for longer than necessary, but she didn't make a point of interrupting the contact.

"Is there a problem, Jisoo?" Taehyung looks at me with an arched eyebrow.

"Nothing, just a passing headache." I return to focus on filling out the form.

"And how will this work?" I hear Kai's voice and roll my eyes.

"If you read the paper in your hands, you would not ask dumb questions." I say without looking at him as I finish filling out my form.

"Jisoo!" I hear the reprimand in Jennie's voice and look up. Everyone is looking surprised.

"What's it? Did I tell a lie?"

"Don't take out your bad mood on others, Kim." Kai says with that ironic smile.

"Jon, please." Jennie looks at him.

"Jon?" I arch my eyebrow and raise my voice. She turns to me and shakes her head. I sign my form and place it on the table. "Filled in, I get the details about times and dates later. Thanks for the opportunity."

**************************************

After almost 2 hours dozing under the bleachers, I wake up to my phone ringing insistently. A fake profile is sending me a live video, hopefully it's not pornography.

I click on the notification and it's Kai, in his bathrobe and cap, talking to Jennie. They're in front of the locker room and Kai's hand is on Jennie's cheek, she doesn't move or push him away. I get up and run over to where they're while I look at my phone.

"I was an idiot, Jennie, I had no idea how valuable you're and I learned it the hard way, but I know it was all a consequence of my choices. I just wanted you to forgive me." he says. "Please?"

"It's not that simple." She says in a choked voice.

"You don't feel anything for me anymore?" he gets closer to her and I grit my teeth.

"I confess that for a long time I imagined this scene, we back" she sighs "You have no idea how much I missed you, Jongin, how much I suffered for you."

"Jennie, I'm here now, ready and willing to fix my mistakes, to make you happy like you never imagined." He puts his other hand on her face.

"I don't know, Kai, I'm rebuilding my life, after so long, I feel good." I hear her say when I stop next to them. Jennie has her back to me. "I feel light, like I've never felt before and you're synonymous with mess, I don't want to go through it all again." she starts to cry and he wipes her tears.

"You will not go through that and not for anything bad, I'm here for you." he says and leans towards her, I wait for her to push him, but she doesn't, so I end up dropping the backpack on the floor.

Kai looks away to look for the reason for the noise and Jennie turns around, looking at me startled. I don't know what I'm feeling, but anger is bigger than anything else. I shake my head and grab my things before running away, even though I want to go back when I hear Jennie's voice calling me.

double update because today is friday ;)

check out my new story in english: "Small World"