XXII

LISA

"Jen, if you're so sad, why don't you talk to her?" I say as we finish getting ready after volleyball practice.

"Because she's fine without me." she says with such a low tone.

"We know unnie well enough to know it's all part of the show, she would never show anything."

"She pretends I don't exist, Lisa. In biology class, that stupid teacher forbade me to sit in my seat and spends most of his time talking to her, as if they were on a date" she says angrily "Everybody's on her and she thinks it's great ." She starts crying again and I hug her.

"You're not breaked up, Jen, you two are still together and with communication failure. You need to talk, even if it's to end it all." my phone starts vibrating crazily. I pick it up and see they posted a video of Jisoo and Chae arguing.

I nudge Jennie to watch. Chae drags Jisoo to the other side of the pool and they start arguing until Jisoo screams. I never heard her scream, even in really stressful situations and apparently they talked about Jennie.

"Do you still think she's happy without you?" I say and she is silent. We're gathering our things when we hear voices outside.

"Did you miss your training because of me? I didn't know." is the voice of Jisoonie.

"It was for a good cause, especially after hearing you say you don't care about Jennie anymore." it's Irene. She laughs softly and I roll my eyes. "Did you finish?"

"I told you, things ended when she almost kissed her boyfriend." She raises her voice "Enough, I don't want to talk about it anymore. Damn it, why do you insist on talking to me about something I don't want?" Jennie and I look at each other in surprise.

"Hey, calm down, I just wanted to know if you didn't speak in the heat of the moment. I wanted to know how determined you were to leave Jennie Kim in your past, not least because you're going to travel together in a few days."

"We're not going together!"

"Relax, I know, you are going to a conference with the hot biology teacher and Jongin." Irene laughs "You could film this trip for me, I would give anything to travel with our teacher and, as a bonus, watch Jennie Kim dealing with her ex and current."

"Current?" I hear the jealousy in her voice, Jennie gives a slight smile.

"You said yourself that he is her little boyfriend and you didn't notice how he put food in her mouth today? Obviously they got back together, Sooya." Jennie makes a move to leave and I hold her.

"Enough about it, my head is starting to hurt. So, do you want a ride to the mall or not? I need to meet my brother soon."

"Yes, just come with me and I'll get my things in the locker room." Irene walks in and bumps into me. "Aish!"

"Aish I say!" sigh "Hey, unnie!"

"Hey, Limario!" Jisoo starts smiling at me until she sees Jennie. She quickly looks away and Irene pulls her to her locker as we leave.