XXI

ROSÉ

"Aren't you worried?" I say when I see Jennie getting up to get food." She's thinner than she is, her eyes puffy and red, full of dark circles."

"I'm" Lisa says as she draws circles on the palm of my hand "But I already tried to talk to her, it doesn't work. Sh"e won't let go and I doubt Jisoonie will, look at her, acting like it's all just a dream.

"Or nightmare." sigh looking at Chu. She is sitting with Irene, Seulgi and Jimin.

"We were switched?" Lisa rests her head on my shoulder.

"No, she will only approach us when Jennie is not around."

"You need to eat, I won't let you continue like this." Kai says pulling Jennie to our table, holding a tray full of food.

"I do not want to eat." she pushes him and sits down.

"Jen, as much as I hate your ex, I need to agree, just eat a little, please?" I take her hand and squeeze it, pouting.

"You're boring." She rolls her eyes and takes the salad bowl. "Stay..." Kai shoves a piece of chicken into her mouth, cutting it off and I start laughing at her expression.

I feel Lisa nudge me and point towards Jisoo. When I turn around, our gazes meet, her eyebrow is arched and she's clearly annoyed, I just shrug and she looks away.

At swim practice, I'm surprised to see Irene grinning shamelessly as Jisoo tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. I take a deep breath and approach Jisoo, pulling her by the arm to the other side of the pool.

"Jealous?" She smiles at me. "Don't worry, sweety." she approaches me and I support my hand on her chest.

"Are you in heat? Crazed? Taking out your frustration and hurt on seduction? Do you think all these people feeding your ego are going to make you forget about Jennie?" Her smile fades when she hears Jennie's name.

"Never say that name to me again, understand?" she holds my wrist tightly and she manages to be scarier than Jennie.

"You have to talk to her, at least that, listen to her. You don't have to go back to her, but at least clear things up and break up, because in case you don't remember, you're still together."

"THINGS ENDED THE MOMENT SHE DIDN'T PUSH THAT IDIOT AWAY!" everyone looks at us and she is really mad. "I love you, Chaeyoung, you're one of the most important people in my life, but if you have the least consideration for me, never again, listen to me, NEVER talk about anything related to her to me again, understand?" she leaves before I say anything.