<40>

At school.

Haruto POV

I've been ignoring May for a week now, and I believe she's doing the same. But it's for the better. That's something I'm familiar with. I don't want to take out my rage on her for what she did to me and Nari; after all, she's only a girl too. I'm simply glad she avoided me as well and didn't try to rekindle our "relationship." Despite the fact that she has not apologised sufficiently to me.

After Nari returned, my life regained its meaning and vibrancy. I can't afford to lose her again, and I'm willing to go to any length to keep her. People in our school appear to be paying more attention to me and Junghwan after our debut, and things are getting a little out of hand.

Despite the fact that this school is home to a slew of other idols, it feels strange to be the centre of attention whether going down the hall, eating lunch in the cafeteria, browsing the library, or even in class. Nobody comes up to us and asks for signature or photos, but their stares alone are enough to make me feel uncomfortable. Instead of giving us the inquiring look, I'd much rather them talk to us directly.

I peek back of my seat to see Jisung and Junghwan discussing our physics assignment; I was attempting to ask them if they could go to the restroom with me or not, but they seemed serious about it, so I shrugged and left the class alone.

I was about to make a left turn when I noticed May and her friends approaching the classroom and decided to turn around. I'm not sure why I did that, but my legs won't fucking move. She notices me and stops walking as well. I just offer her the most awkward smile as she keeps her head bowed low and avoids my gaze.

I sigh, and I think it's about time to talk about it. I approach her while her friends murmur something into her ear and leave us two alone.

I take a step in front of her, and she slowly raises her head, her gaze finally meeting mine. "Should we talk outside?" I lift my brow, and she nods yes.

We stroll to our school garden where no one else is present and sit on a bench nearby, leaving a great space between us.

"So um.... How are you?" I started the conversation before the awkward silence begin.

"I-im doing great" she says, her voice is low and soft. I can't tell if it's because she's afraid to face me or nervous to face me or simply just acting.

"Would you like to say something?" I make it easier for her as I said that. She should apologize properly so we both can move on with our lives without something bugging us in our head.

"What do you want me to say? Say sorry for loving someone I shouldnt have?" she says quietly. I stay silent this time. I don't know how to answer her but isn't that the answer is she has to apologize for breaking me and Nari apart?

"I am sorry for what I did, I feel terrible about it, and I wish I hadn't done it, but I am not sorry for liking you, loving you, and I will never be," she continues. I remain silence.

"Please express my apologies to Nari sunbaenim on my behalf." She says as she stands up and bows 90 degrees in front of me. I was taken aback, and my eyes were wide open. I'm feeling a little sorry right now. But doesn't she deserve all of this? Maybe something even worse. But as long as she apologizes sincerely, I'm willing to forgive her.

"I forgive you, May, but just don't do it to anyone else again," I say as I stand up. She also stands properly. I put my hands in my pockets and watch her bob her head in response. With that, I walk past her, and I feel the weight I've been carrying on my back suddenly lift, and I can finally breathe normally again.

It was time for lunch. Me, Junghwan, and Jisung went to the cafeteria as usual, sat at our normal table, and began to eat. Just like past days after our debut, I can feel someone discreetly photographing me and Junghwan, as well as them discussing about us and other members of Treasure. When did the Cafeteria Hall become like this? I know it's constantly noisy, but it's never made me feel anxious or uncomfortable. But right now, the sound of others muttering about us irritates me and makes me want to puke.

My appetite is gone, and I couldn't even guzzle down the manga juice. Junghwan, on the other hand, seems to be coping well with everything that is going on; I'm not sure how he manages it, but I'm proud of him.

"Oh, Haruto, did you talk to May this morning?" Jisung asked me out of nowhere. I hum in return, but then a thought strikes me: "How did you know?"

"Oh, I see images of you both on Instagram," he says casually, as I almost choke on my mango drink. "What??? What photo of us did you see!? Show me!" I raised my voice, but not too loudly, so as not to disturb those who are eating quietly.

"This!" he exclaims as he hands me his phone.

I cover my mouth with my palm when I see the photo of me and her facing each other on the image. It's nothing serious, nothing suspicious but I just really don't want a picture with her ever again.

"Who the fuck put this up?" I'm going to report the account!" I yell in a rage as I hand Jisung his phone back. "Dude, even if you report her, nothing will happen," Jisung chuckles.

That is correct. What if people think I'm dating someone and think it's May? Yes, I am now dating someone, but if I ever have to inform the fans, I will do so personally, and the only girlfriend they should be aware of is Nari, and only Nari.

"Dang in, send me her profile!"

"Have you seen how many people have viewed it?" In frustration, I query Jisung.

"Dang, you're literally trending #2 on kpop on Twitter, you're all over the pages," Jisung says, laughing softly as Junghwan follows. They're practically laughing at me, and I want to punch the crap out of them.

I'm very sure Nari will see it at this time. How will the company respond to this? My hopes aren't high, but I'm hoping they can solve this for me this time. I'm tired of this, May.

I was talking to them the entire time and didn't notice the folks who were physically surrounding us giving me the look and start talking about me and my rumour right near me.

I sigh deeply and return my attention to my table. I pull out my phone from my pocket and launch the messaging app.

I search for Nari number on the search bar and leave a few messages explaining the situation so she doesn't get too worried. I just hope whatever I type with my unsteady hands is clear to her.