<29>

'you can have them, I don't want them at all' I said and went back to my table, not caring much about the so-called love letters

I was about to walk away when junghwan said something that stopped me.

'wait hyung, this is from May!' junghwan said and look so confused. Luckily he didn't said it out loud that only me and Jisung could hear him.

I quickly snatch the letter away the letter from his hand and said

'Who said there is only one May! This could be other May' I don't  want my friends to know that May has a feeling for me because it's just gonna mess things up. She doesn't have anyone else beside us so I have a sympathy for her.

AUTHOR POV
Lunch time

While Jisung and junghwan enjoy the gift Haruto got, Haruto just keep on staring at the letter that was on his hand. He doesn't know if he should open it or not, he wants to read it but also something is stopping him from doing so. But in the end, he stands up and went to the boy restroom to read the letter privately.

Hi Haruto,

I am sorry for acting up like that last time, I really didn't want to lose you so please don't get mad at me okay? I can control my feelings but I can't distract myself from you because you're all that I have. Please talk to me again when you're ready, and also please forgive me.

From,
May

Haruto put the letter back on his side pocket and then walk out of the restroom like nothing happen, but deep inside he wants to see May and make things right. He think he could change her mind and feelings so that they could stay as friends forever.

He walk back to the cafeteria since his friends were also there, he looks around the cafeteria in search for May but she's nowhere to be found.

'Hey Jisung have you seen May?' he asked and sit down.

'Yeah... I think she's with someone I didn't know' Jisung said and take a bite of his food.

'where?' he asked again.

'i don't know, they were here a minute ago I don't know where are they now if they are not here anymore' Jisung said.

'is she with a boy or girl anyway' he asked and drink the cola.

'shes with a boy' Jisung said which makes Haruto almost choke on the cola.

'What?' he asked and wipe his face with his handkerchief.

'why did you care huh?' junghwan said and raised his eyebrow.

'i don't know! I just want to talk to her' he said somehow sound annoyed.

Haruto couldn't finish his food, he keeps on thinking about the guy May was with and it distract him from eating. He looks around the cafeteria one more time and still no May to found. He got annoyed and then he walks away from his friend again to search for May.

He went to the classroom and saw May and one Boy he don't know talking to each other. He didn't want to cause any drama that's why he walk up to them like a normal person.

'Hey May can we talk?' he asked getting attention from both May and one boy.

'Oh hi Haruto! This is Jaemin!' May said to him while smiling but Haruto couldn't smile instead he glare at the guy.

'Hi' he said coldly.

'May is this your boyfriend?' the so called guy name Jaemin asked May.

'N-No he's not' May said shyly.

'Oh great then, I could still talk to you right? I'll text you tonight, I'll go now' Jaemin said and wink at her before he walk out of the classroom.

'What is it ruto? Did you read my letter?' May asked Haruto who look like he's not in a good mood.

'Yeah I did. And I want things up, if you can control your feelings, we could still be friends' Haruto said frankly and May just chuckle.

'I can do that, but I don't want to stay as friends you know? Now that I have another friend, I don't mind going away from your life then staying as friends and controlling my feelings for you when it's so hard' May said with teary eye.

'I-i have my own reason why I can't date you okay? Please try to understand we can he best besttttt friend May' Haruto said and blink his eyes multiple times because he felt frustrated.

'Tell me the reason then!' May asked and Haruto just shook his head.

'then does that mean you love me too but can't date me because of a personal problem?' May asked and hold Haruto hands.

'Yeah.. Kind of' Haruto said without thinking much. A big smile form on May face and then she hug Haruto.

'If you love me that's all that matter! We don't need to date, I just have to know if you love me back or not!' May said which waken Haruto as he push her away immediately.

'No no May, what I just said wasn't true'

Haruto was feeling so frustrated because of her action that's why he said 'yeah kind of' without thinking much. Surely he doesn't love her moreover he had girlfriend already.

'What do you mean? Are you playing with my feelings ruto?' May asked and started to tear up again. Haruto shook his head multiple times and then said

'No... Of course I love you! But as a friend! Come on May we could still be friends!' Haruto said and try to hold her hands but May quickly pull away.

'No! I don't want that! If you can't date you or if you can't love me back I rather stay away from you! Cause if I stay, I'll just hurt myself' She said between her sobs and run out of the classroom.

'oh God... What do I do now' Haruto said to himself as he take a sit on the bench.

Nari was about to get her lunch when she suddenly get a message from an unknown number, she check the message and it was audio. At first she think it was a scam but her curiosity took over her and she play the audio.

She couldn't believe what she just heard, She wish she didn't play the audio after listening to it for the 5th time. She was so shocked that she couldn't even move.

It was an audio of May and Haruto conversation at their classroom where May asked Haruto if she love her back of not.

'then does that mean you love me too but can't date me because of a personal problem?' May asked and hold Haruto hands.

'Yeah.. Kind of' Haruto said without thinking much. A big smile form on May face and then she hug Haruto.

'If you love me that's all that matter! We don't need to date, I just have to know if you love me back or not!' May said

NARI POV

I was speechless after listening to the audio, I don't know if I should believe it or not but the voice was clearly Haruto's voice.

I was still debating if I should believe it or not when I got another message from the same unknown number. This time it is a picture, and it's Haruto with one girl.  They sent me 2 picture and the first one was just Haruto and the girl standing facing each other, but the second one had me shocked and made me believe all the things that I just listened to! The girl was huging Haruto with a big smile on her face which basically means she was happy after Haruto said he likes her too!