Puppy Hotel (Pt 4)

Evelyn and Kyra have been happily playing with the puppies for a couple of hours now, telling really bad jokes but laughing because they're tired and in a weird fever dream phase thing.

"Ahaha, well, maybe I should get some sleep now." Kyra giggles. "Goodnight Evelyn."

"Goodnight Kyra." Evelyn replies with a chuckle as she exits the room. She closes the door behind her to see her dad, Ben.

"Hi Dad." Evelyn smiles nervously.

"Tell your dad everything." He grabs her hand and pulls her to the entrance area and sits her down on the seat.

"It's not that Kyra's cute... it's just that... she's really REALLY cute!" Evelyn slams her hand on the desk but winces at the loud sound that could wake others up.

"Oh my God, you're gonna have your first date! Took you long enough!"

"Well, I have no game and you know that!"

"Okay well, your shift is over so let's g-"

"Shit! I didn't get her number!" Evelyn curses.

"You both suck at this, what a match made in heaven." Ben smiles cheekily.

"Wha-"

"Write down your number and slide it under her door."

"Okay, okay!" She grabs a sticky note, a pen and begins writing.

'Hey, my shift is over but I'll be back in the afternoon if you wanna talk. And also, my number is xxx-xxx-xxx. See you soon <3'
She runs back to room thirty two and slips in under the door.
Evelyn all of a sudden gets nervous and just practically jumps and runs at the same time back to the entrance (gay panic, gay panic, aaAaaaAaAaA!)

"You ready? My God, did you do an obstacle course on the way here?!" Ben blinks twice.

"Yeah, you could say that." Evelyn replies with a half hearted chuckle.

"Uhhh, okay? My car is outside. Let's go!" Ben locks arms with Evelyn and they walk outside to his car.

----
"EVELYN FINALLY GOT A DATE!!!" Ben screams as he runs through the door after unlocking it. He tackle hugs his husband Leo.

"Is it that girl you were serving at the hotel like 4 hours ago?!" Leo's eyes light up as he wraps his arm around Ben's waist.

"Yup!" Evelyn replies. "Her name is Kyra, are you proud of me?"

"Proud? I'm fucking ecstatic!" Leo pulls Evelyn into the hug. "Sorry! Didn't mean to swear! But I can't wait to see again her at some point."
Evelyn giggles.

"I know, me too." She smiles. The family dog, Neo joins the huddle by playfully tapping Evelyn's leg. Evelyn smiles and pats his head.

---
Kyra wakes up to several heart warming puppies.
"Wow, what a way to start the day." She laughs to herself. "Maybe there's breakfast thing going on." She falls out of her comfortable bed and stays on the floor for two minutes, not actually wanting to start the day, but gets up after anyway and kneels down to the now awoken puppies.
"Bye little cuties! Ahh, I'm gonna miss youuuu!!! I think I might actually apply for this job, awww!" She gives each of the eight dogs scratches and pets before giggling and leaving the dogs a few treats, she sees the dogs take them and then walk out with relaxed body language into a flap to the back garden that she didn't even know about. Kyra giggles and begins to walk out to where her shoes are before she steps on something that sounds and feels like paper. She looks down to see a sticky note and picks it up with a curious expression.

It reads: 'Hey, my shift is over but I'll be back in the afternoon if you wanna talk. And also, my number is xxx-xxx-xxx. See you soon <3'
Kyra blushes and keeps the sticky note and puts on her shoes.