Kyralyn AU

Kyralyn = Kyra x Evelyn btw

WARNINGS, AN ASS LOAD OF THEM:
Sexual jokes/tension/descriptions/maybe others like sexual harassment
Talk of parents that aren't there
Aggressive behaviour
Fights/Descriptions of possible abuse
Talk of discrimination against religion/race/sometimes lgbtq+ individuals
Alcohol (still, some don't agree with the concept)
Swearing

Evelyn hated her ability to sing and play guitar when her two fathers left her at sixteen. She didn't know the reason, but she prayed every day and night, hoping it was a good one because what she has seen was so bad she felt resentful of her fathers.

Her career made her see things she had not seen before, a Muslim girl walked into the bar to only pick up a quite drunk friend and was discriminated against and beaten up for wearing a hijab, mostly by non Muslim men, but some women did it too. Racial slurs were thrown all over the place at the bars she went to sing at as well. There were sometimes homophobic  slurs depending on the people that were there and definitely transphobic ones, it's not accepted where she lives. Homosexuality wasn't hated but some people didn't agree with it in her neighbourhood. So, as a girl who likes only girls, she kept her true feelings to herself. She doesn't have to stay here forever anyway.

---

Evelyn is currently getting ready to perform at a pretty rich and expensive bar for once, a tight red dress that seemed a little too short to be a dress and showed her shoulders, her hair half up with a little rose clip to keep it together and strapped, red high heels. She was promised a lot of money and she would take any treatment if it meant getting out of the shitty city she doesn't want to remember the name of.
She wonders why the bar was so rich, especially on this side of the city.

"Hey, you ready to go, sweetheart?" The owner of the bar says with an unsettling smirk on his face.

"Would you stop call-" Evelyn stopped at her sentence when she sees his face turn slightly to show an annoyed expression. She takes a small breath, opens her eyes and places on her happy expression. "Yes I am, sir!" She giggles. The bartender's face goes back to the expression she was sort of hoping for.

"Wonderful, let's get going!" He smiles and walks out from her dressing room. Evelyn new that he only walked in to see if she was getting changed, the word 'sweetheart' and his creepy expression gave it away.
Evelyn smiles back and walks out.

Closer to the stage...

Getting ready for any possible horrible words or yelling or unwanted comments...

No? She heard cheers? Well, she was certainly starting to have hope that she will have a good show, which she hasn't had since she was sixteen,
As she laughs with relief as they start to quiet down.

"I'm so shocked! In a good way I mean. It's nice to meet you all, call me Evelyn!" The woman speaks into the fancy microphone, she admires the microphone for a moment as the microphones she had seen in the past were either torn, too quiet and damaged, or dirty. On a different note, being in her now early 20s, 22 to be exact, gives her a prettier face according to where she lives.
"You ready?" She asks, slight seduction in her voice. The audience screams in agreement. She giggles as the music began but it wasn't the original Peggy Lee's 'Why Don't You Do Right', it was a slower but familiar one.

She is also used to singing this version, but her happy feeling comes crashing down as she misses the version she heard her grandmother listen to.
"You had plenty money 1922..." She begins. "You let other women make a, fool of you, why don't you do right? Like some other men do?"
The people at this pretty well kept bar, have their drinks, talk, or pay attention to the slightly underdressed girl singing in the spotlight, mostly men. It makes her uncomfortable, but considering it has been 6 years, she has gotten used to it even though she shouldn't have.