Sunflower Vol. 6

Song - Sunflower Vol. 6 By Harry Styles

I rub my hands nervously as we drive through wide open Montana. The packlands are about five minutes from where he stores the plane. I have almost no time to prepare.

"It's two in the morning, baby. Most people will be asleep. You have until morning to prepare before you really start meeting people." He flashes me a smile before focusing on the dark road ahead.

Thats something I guess. After my pack history and my first encounter with him, I'm wary about the initial introduction.

"Before I left I had my Beta and his mate fix up the Alphas quarters. We ripped down my childhood home after... and we built a new one. It's been vacant all this time."

I thought Montana was flat but the area we are in is mountainous. I can't wait to see it in the light.

We pull up to a large gate and I sit up, wanting to see everything. The packlands are hilly, the road winding through tree packed forest.

The buildings are woodsy but modern, wood with large glass windows.

"Those are the medical facilities," he says as we pass a large building.

We pass by a training course, a huge building surrounded by a track, with a large cleared out field and obstacle course on one side. No wonder they are known for their warriors.

"That's the packhouse," he says as we pass a gorgeous mountain cabin, with high vaulted ceilings and huge glass panels covering most of the front. Light glows from the inside making it look warm and welcoming.

After a few moments he pulls the car to a stop in front of a house designed in the same style as the rest of the buildings. The door is open and my heart starts to pound. I'm definitely going to have to meet someone.

"Come here," he laughs as he reaches for my hand.

I follow behind him. There are five people standing around a large island in the kitchen.

They stop talking when we come in. He tenses slightly for a moment before they stand up and approach us.

"Alpha!" A tall, bearded man, pulls Elijah into a hug, a woman following after.

"Julian, this is Sorsha," he turns to me, "this is our beta, Julian and his mate, Kelly."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you both. Thank you for setting up the house for us, I really appreciate it."

Julian shakes my hand, while Kelly nods and quietly replies to my greeting.

I try to shake off the chilly reception. They might be unsure around new comers. The next couple steps forward.

"This is gamma Austin and his mate Mila."

"Hi, nice to meet you both."

Their greeting is very similar to the beta couple. Elijah furrows his brow at them when he doesn't know I'm looking at him.

The last she wolf hangs back slightly. Elijah seems uncomfortable when he turns to her. He pulls me closer, putting his arm around my waist.

"Layla, this is Sorsha, your Luna."

I'm taken aback by that introduction and I don't miss the bite in his voice. I smile at her but don't say anything.

This is so uncomfortable.

"Thanks for getting the place ready. Can I show my mate around? I'll see you in the morning for the meeting with the training leaders."

They all nod respectfully and file out the door. I don't miss the sour expression on Laylas face. I bite into my lip. Why is she here? She is obviously the girl, or one of the girls, that he slept with. Why would they have her here to greet me?

Once the door is closed he pulls me into his arms and presses a kiss to my forehead. I want to ask him with the fuck is up with his inner circle. Is it because I can't shift? Why are they already so icy?

I can't shift but I come from alpha blood. Not any alpha blood but prestigious pure bloods that span generations. My family is deeply respected in the wolf community. It can't be that they think I'm weakening the pack. Even with no wolf my blood holds weight.

I sigh against his chest.

"Sorsha," he starts but I don't want to talk about it. I want to sleep.

"Just forget it, Elijah, I'm used to it, remember?"

His eyes flash with regret.

"Can I show you the house?"

"Sure," I try to smile.

Everything is beautiful. The architecture is sleek and modern with a rustic flare. The high vaulted ceiling and floor to ceiling windows will let in natural light and the view is incredible. The furniture and decorations are equally beautiful, minimal, with clean lines. I actually love everything.

"It really is wonderful, Elijah."

"We can change anything you don't like."

"Honestly, I don't want to change anything. I really like it."

We walk up the floating stairs, passing his home office on the way to our room. The bed is massive and fluffy like a cloud. I can't wait to lay down.

Everything is perfect.

When we finally lay down I don't feel tired. He's laying next to me with his eyes closed but I know he's awake.

"What's wrong," he chuckles.

"What's your favorite color?"

He laughs again, "I like blue."

"Me too, kind of, turquoise."

"I saw your rings," he whispers, "what is your favorite tv show?"

"The Nanny."

He snorts, "seriously?"

"What? It's hilarious. What's yours?"

"The Wire."

I roll my eyes, "of course it is. Every guys favorite show is The Wire."

He laughs, "what do you eat on your pizza?"

"Veggies. You?"

"I'll eat anything on pizza."

"Anything? Even pineapple?"

We talk until his alarm goes off at seven. We asked every stupid thing we could think of but also talked about important things. He told me about his dad and I told him the things I know about my mom. He shows me all of his tattoos, which required him to strip down to underwear. Aside from his back he has almost no untouched skin. My favorites are his tribute to his dad and a huge diamond with the silhouette of the mountains from the packlands filling it. Aside from a few small things most are black and greyscale.

He rushes out, late to his meeting and I quickly shower. He's coming back to get me as soon as it's over. I nervously pick through my clothes. What does a Luna wear?