Someone Saved My Life Tonight

**Do not plagiarize FIX YOU. Do not translate FIX YOU. Any illegal attempt to exploit my hard work for profit will result in legal action. Myranda Rae 2023. All Rights Reserved.**

--

Song - Someone Saved my Life Tonight by Elton John

A loud knock on the door wakes us both. I sit up, groggy and disoriented. What time is it?

"Shit, it's nine." Elijah jumps up and grabs sweatpants.

"Shower and come down when you're ready, baby."

He kisses me before running out the door.

I roll out of bed slowly and stumble into the shower. My body is sore and tired. I smile thinking about how that came to be.

I rush through my shower and pull my hair into a long braid, trying to get down to the kitchen. I need food and coffee.

I throw on jeans and a loose shirt before hurrying out the door. The hum from the tattoo gun already fills the air as I make my way downstairs.

Cole is on the couch with another guy I've never seen. They look tense as they talk quietly with Elijah.

Cole stands as I approach and Elijah growls.

Cole laughs but sits down, smart.

"Sorsha, this is Ben," Elijah tells me, "He just completed the third level of warrior training."

"Congratulations, nice to meet you."

"You as well, Luna."

Ben looks young, maybe sixteen, very young to have completed three levels of warriors training already.

"Something happened last night, Sorsha." Elijah tells me and I turn to face him.

"The council was attacked by rogues. Two guards and three members of the census and records staff were killed."

"What?"

"They didn't catch any of them," Cole adds, "it was like... I don't know, it seemed like they purposely ran in and attacked a few people and left. They didn't try to run further into the lodge or get to anyone 'important.' It's like..."

"Like it was meant to be some kind of distraction maybe," Elijah's rough, Alpha voice cuts through.

"Exactly," Cole say, "why those wolves? It doesn't make sense."

I sit next to Elijah's head and everyone falls into silence.

The Goddess did warn the council to prepare for something. Maybe that was it?

"Go sweep the grounds again," Elijah tells Cole and Ben, "just to make sure, lets keep the rotations unpredictable."

"Yes, Alpha," they say before nodding and leaving.

"Cole is leaving tomorrow for his pack, he wants to make sure they are well guarded with everything that's going on."

"That's understandable."

"As much as he pisses me off he's a great warrior," he huffs.

The hours pass as the three of us chat about art, movies, music, everything. The more we talk the more I can feel the closeness between Elijah and Matt. They've spent countless hours together while Matt decorates Elijah's skin. Matt is quiet and observant. I get a sense that he has listened to Elijah a lot over the last few years, really been a shoulder for him. I appreciate him more than he will ever know.

A few hours pass and Matt claps his hands together, "done!"

Elijah pulls himself up from the table and Matt takes a picture so he can see it. I stare at it. It's weird to see my own image there but its really beautifully drawn and Matt is amazing. The eyes are jarring. The color matches perfectly.