Feel Flows

Song - Feel Flows by The Beach Boys

I feel dizzy as I try to pull my heavy eyes open. My head throbs as I try to lift up.

Where am I?

Everything feels...fuzzy. I hear voices but they sound far away and small. When I do finally force my eyes open I feel panic bubble up inside me.

Everything in the room is moving, wiggling, shimmying. I lift my hand in front of my face and my fingers are huge and they have tiny, little hands on them. They're waving at me.

"Hello," I whisper to my tiny finger hands.

"Hello!" The little hands answer back with tiny chipmunk voices.

I look down and realize I'm sitting on a bed. I peer over the edge but the floor is a thousand miles down. I scoot away from the edge.

"I'd better stay up here!" I tell myself but it sounds weird.

I repeat it over and over again.

I hear a far away voice so I look around. When I see him I have to bite my lip not to laugh. He's so small. He could sit in the palm of my hand! I try not to laugh, I don't want to be rude.

He's saying something but his voice is so little, I can't hear him. I lean forward, straining but its no use.

"I can't hear you, tiny man!" I tell him sadly.

He looks so upset and I feel guilty. I want to cheer him up but I can't reach the floor to get off the bed.

Suddenly I have an idea. I clap my hands together and my tiny finger hands clap too.

"Unfolding enveloping missiles of soul

Recall senses sadly.

Mirage like soft blue like lanterns below

To light the way gladly.

Whether whistling heavens clouds disappear. Where the wind withers memory"

I sing to the tiny man. A chorus erupts from behind me. The flowers on the curtains have joined in!

The little man throws his arms up and disappears. I finish the song with the flowers. Their voices are lovely.

I suddenly feel very tired.

"Goodnight, tiny man.

Goodnight, little hands.

Goodnight, flowers."

I lay my head down and hear Elijah's voice.

He's worried.

"Don't worry, I'm with singing flowers," I tell him while yawning.

The flowers sing me to sleep softly.

-------

"Fuck! Wake up!" A voice yells above me, shaking me slightly.

"Wha...where am I?"

I jolt up when I remember what happened.

"Gemma? Cole?" I yell out before trying to link Elijah.

It's not working. It's like a block is up, but it's not him...or me. Something else is blocking me.

"We injected you with a mild inhibitor, your wolf is asleep, no linking."

I turn toward the voice. A man is sitting in a chair next to my bed. He looks really familiar. I can't place him but I think I've seen him before. I'm trying to work it out in my head because the memory is absurd. He was miniature... like a perfectly formed palm sized person. I shake my head at the weird thought.

"So, you like The Beach Boys, huh?" He asks.

"Umm.. what?" How does he know that?

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Ah, how rude of me. I'm Michael, nice to meet you, Sorsha. You must be wondering why you're here."

"Yeah, the thought crossed my mind."

"You see, your mate and I have unfinished business. You're here because I want every Alpha connected to his bloodline to pay for what they've done to my family."

"W-What did they do to your family?"

He stands from his seat, his body shakes with rage as he speaks.

"Six years ago, my mate and I were peaceful nomads, traveling across the country together with our son. We had the unfortunate pleasure of being here in Montana when she became sick. We came to your mates pack and begged the Alpha to let her be treated at their brand new, state of the art, medical center. The Alpha refused until background checks could be provided. She died two days later, waiting for the fucking paperwork to come through." He seethes and his eyes flicker between brown and black, his wolf is angry.

"I-I'm so sorry about your mate."

He throws his head back and laughs, a wicked, angry cackle.

"I'm sure you're very apologetic," his voice drips with sarcasm. "Who cares if a rogue dies? No one. So I did what I had to do. I made friends with his Luna."

I gasp. This can't be...

"She was very easily swayed toward my views with the help of a few pharmaceuticals," he smiles fondly at the thought.

My stomach churns and I think I might be sick.

"But... they captured and killed the rogue responsible for that."

Again, he laughs, "they captured and killed a rogue."

"Then," he continues his sickening tale, "we waited. Truth be told, I thought young Elijah was going to drink himself to death before he found his mate. You can't imagine how relieved I was when he started to get himself together, then he met you!"

My head spins.

"Everything worked exactly to plan. We sent a rogue in to pull his attention to 'blind spots' and my son walked us right in."

"Your son..."

"You remember Benjamin, I'm sure."

"How? He doesn't smell like a rogue?"

"Oh, he's not. We blackmailed a spinless Alpha in South Carolina to make him a pack member. Then all we had to do was send him to warrior training and we had an inside man, as it were. And of course, the paperwork checked out, you know how fucking important proper paperwork is to your mates pack."

"Why are you telling me all this?"

"Because you're going to use your gift to help me."

"How?"

"You're going to contact the council and send them a message from the 'Goddess' or I'm going to kill you, which will break your mate. You can take your time to decide. It's a win-win for me, really."

He walks out of the room and I crumble against the mattress.

How am I going to get out of this?