Master Unleashed

I rushed to the throne room along with my brothers and to my Master. He sat on his throne clutching the arms of the chair leaving marks in the stone. His face was a mask of anger that made my brothers and I hesitate when approaching him.

            “Master,” I said bowing my head towards him. He ignored me for a moment before letting out a shout of anger. I jumped backwards, shaking from fear. “They got away! How could she break the spell of my statues?” He bellowed. “It was the fae, Jareth” I said. “Jareth…” He hissed his name like it was his poison. “Where are they now?” Master asked me. “We have spotted them halfway to the center. Master, Jareth is looking for something. He uses Sarah to find something from her” I said nodding my head. “Yes! She has something he wants, something very important!” I reiterated. “What is it?” He asked interested. “I know nothing of his desires” I admitted looking to the ground. “Why do you bring such information without the knowledge of what it is?” He yelled.

“Would it not be good to visit the statues and see what they collected from the two?” I asked hoping to get the kings anger towards someone else rather than it switching on me. “We will visit the statues and find out what they know” He grunted and walked out of his throne room. I rushed after the mass of a man nearly running to travel the same speed as him with my little legs. We walked together to the statues circle. His anger seemed to grow with each step he took. His footsteps burned into the ground and his eyes held fire. Soon heat radiated off of his body burning the bushes round him.

When we reached the statues, his demeanor had changed and everything was cold again. The atmosphere was silent and everything neat. I stood by Master to hide from the gargoyles when they awoke and tried to kill anything in the circle. The four girls were standing in their frozen positions proudly as if they had never failed their only task. It was eerie to see such a calm sight when I knew what would become of it in a matter of minutes.

With no warning the gargoyles awoke and master snapped his fingers, immediately scaring them back to their pedestals. The girls began to come from their stone state and Master smiled. “Girls!” He said happily. The four women curtsied towards their king and flocked him. He smiled to them and they laughed. The smallest twirled around him rocking the fawn in her arms. The one with the plants offered a flower to mast but he refused politely. The warrior cleaned her spear and presented herself strongly to the man in front of her. Beauty charmed him, standing close to him, filling his nose with the scent of red roses and enchanted him with her looks.

 “How was the little encounter with my princess?” He asked them pretending he knew nothing of what had transpired. The girls showed no signs of defeat and continued about their actions. “She was a pretty girl” it was the girl with the plants who answered. “Oh? And did she agree?” Master asked lifting an eyebrow. Beauty smiled. “No, we were better off without her. I think four is better than five. Are you not happy enough with us?” She asked with an innocent face. The woman made me so angry, I wanted to throw something every time I saw her, but master enjoyed the game.

“So my princess failed to agree to come with me? Why?” He asked upset. “She had someone with her. The man who used to rule here was with her yes! He stole her from us and took her away” Beauty answered nodding with the other girls. “Do you know why he pulled her away from me?” Master asked trying to get them to admit they failed. “No, but he did say that she had something of his when I spoke with him. He took quite a liking to me at first but returned to the stupid girl” The warrior said in anger.

“My princess is stupid? Did he say what he needed?” Master asked the warrior. “She chose the fae over you! She makes bad decisions such as that. The fae said nothing as to what he needed to me” She said shrugging. “He said something to me!” The one with the plants said. “Oh? What was that?” He asked. “He said a she had a crystal of his when I charmed him” She said smiling.

“So he wants the crystal that was lost to him years before and it just so happened to fall into my princess’s hands” Master smiled. “I love you my dears but you failed me” He said. “No, we are better off. I think this is right” Beauty said trying to charm the master. “Oh but you must be punished” He said smiling an evil smile that made me back up right in time before master lost it.

I ducked behind a wall when he swung his broadsword. Within seconds the plant statue was destroyed. The warrior screamed and tried to run but master caught her. She tried to fight him but his strength was greater than even hers. As if she weighed nothing, he threw her against her own platform and her legs shattered. He turned to beauty and smashed her arms as she reached for her mirror. I gasped and looked away from masters furry.

All of a sudden master began to glow and I panicked. I ran behind the wall outside of the circle right before the entire room erupted in flames. The flames climbed down the side of the wall towards me but extinguished before touching a hair on my body. I watched the sky as streaks of fire danced into the night. Smoke rose slowly around the flames and ashes fell around like snow. Roars grumbled from the circle and shouts of fear from the gargoyles.

After Master was finished punishing them he walked out of the circle and smashed the walls together with his own two hands. “We have planning to do” He said looking down at me. I nodded and we hurried back to the castle. Master calmed down on his way back. Eventually he became content with his punishment for the statues. It took little time to return to the castle with Master knowing all the secret passage ways he created when he took over.

We walked back into the castle from a tunnel underneath and into the throne room. Larger goblins walked around about their business and master yelled vigorously for them to leave his throne room. Even the biggest and tallest of the goblins retreated in fear from master. The throne room warmed with the presence of master and the chill I had from the labyrinth disappeared.

Master paced back and forth with his hand in one of his hands and muttered words I couldn’t hear. I looked out into the labyrinth and sagged my shoulders. The circle of the statues was still burning from masters flames. Of course the statues wouldn’t burn, but now they had to live in a fiery room. The gargoyles flew over the circle to get away from the fire. They would be flying a very long time because the flames came from master.

“I’ve got it!” Master said looking up slowly. He shattered a crystal on the ground and from it sprang an odd mirror looking thing. “Vitera will be sent to the two infidels and will bring my princess to me and dispose of the fae” He said nodding to the mirror with Vitera the sleek, black, beautiful beast. With the snap of his fingers, I heard Vitera’s paws and her black coat run to the labyrinth. Within seconds she disappeared and her trace vanished.  I pitied the Master’s princess and her companion, because they had no idea what was sneaking up on them.

“Come my friend” Master said leading me to his throne to sit on the step in front of him. We looked off into the labyrinth and listened. “Wait for it, Vitera is hunting. Our ears shall not be hearing silence for long. The princess will be mine and the old fae goblin king will be gone” He said leaning forwards and laughing a terrible laugh. “Things are just heating up once goblin king"