Chained

I pulled on the restraints and looked up as my hair fell into my face. I peered through the strands of hair watching Kilton move towards me. The fire dripping from his hands hissed when it hit the floor before creating a dark fog that looked like hands reaching out in desperation to get away from the suffocation of the dark fog. I held my breath as the thick fog teased my nose. It felt like poison burning my skin.

               "Why are you doing this? I came back for you and you are chaining me" I said trying to get him to sympathize with me. "You care nothing for me" He hissed. "My lips never spoke those words" I said as Kilton stood inches from my face. "I saw the way you pulled away. You looked at the war like a lost soul. When we visited Jareth, your face held pity and longing" He snarled. Kilton bent down to eye level with me and frowned. "Do you deny it?" He asked. I stared at him confused.

               "No, I've changed my mind. Your rebellious behavior is repulsive and annoying. I want a submissive girl. How will I get you to be submissive you ask? I will break you" He said with poison dripping from his words. Right then my wrists began to glow. I attempted to pull them to me but instead the chains enhanced the pain. I cried out and Kilton smiled. "Yes... I like that sound" He said caressing my cheek. The pain increased more. "Stop this madness" I panted. "Submit" He growled. "Never" I choked out. "I have a very good idea then. Do you know what this is?" He asked, pulling out a crystal. I nodded unable to comment from the pain running through my arms. "Goodbye Sarah" Kilton muttered smashing the crystal and letting the dust fall onto my wrists. The entire universe felt like it was exploding. Light flashed all around my vision and my body grew completely numb. I wanted to scream and run away, but my body slumped to the floor with my arms dangling in the air.

***

               My eyes flew open from a sudden splash of water. I sputtered and looked in every direction to know where the source came from. "Get up!" A dark warrior yelled. My mind moved slowly as I rose to my feet and was yanked forwards. I cried out in pain in my neck rather than my arm. I looked to my wrists and saw my bind had thin chains coming from them. It felt like someone had put one chain around my wrist on, twisted it once around my neck, and then locked the other chain in place. "Master wants you" He said stronger, pulling me along with him. The creature pulled harshly on the chain and only softened his pull when I began to cough profusely. The rooms went by in a blur as I stumbled along under a thick fog of sleep.

               We turned to Kilton's throne room and the warrior left me there. A long cracked and darkened mirror lay on the wall behind the throne. I felt myself shiver from a strange cold and looked up into the mirror. I gasped at my image. I was wearing a flowing black colored outfit. The top wrapped around my neck and covered the front of my chest. The dark, ratty fabric went down to my belly button where a small silver ring held the material in place. The fabric from my chest went into the ring and twisted to a thin piece of rolled fabric around the small of my back to ensure my top wouldn't move too much. The short skirt was wrapped around my hips and tied in a tiny knot on the silver ring. Its torn edges that ended about mid thigh split the fabric in a couple places up the sides. I wore battered flats with small holes on my feet. 

               "Ah, My dear Sarah" Kilton spoke as he entered the room. He smiled at my appearance and I blushed in anger. "Yes, I like this much better than before" He nodded in approval and stepped closer to me and whispered into my ear. "This could all go away, all you have to do is submit to me" He said. His finger traced my bare spine to where the fabric wrapped around the small of my back. I moved away from his touch and his eyes flashed in fury.

               "Did you think I would automatically obey you with a single touch?" I asked innocently. "You many not submit to me, but I can make our touch quite unpleasant" He said snatching my wrist. They began to glow and I clenched my fists to withhold the pain. I gasped when the heat from my wrist seemed to travel up the chain to my neck. The feeling of suffocation was nauseating. I stumbled around pulling at the chains around my neck to ease the sting, but the feeling intensified.