Sina

I woke up in a small room made out of wood. The beautiful designs on the walls occupied me for a time before I noticed I was not alone. I turned my head quickly to the side and a woman had just come to stand in the doorway. “Sarah, don’t be afraid. You are with friends now. I am Sina, queen of this kingdom. How are you feeling?” She asked. I shrugged my shoulders and yawned. “I’m sleepy, but I have energy enough” I said sitting up with shaky hands.

I couldn’t help but gawk at the beautiful woman. She was smaller than Jareth by good bit, but her slender body and dirty blond hair reminded me of her siblings. She wore a long brown dress with her hair in a beautiful put up. Her sharp features looked soft in the light as she smiled at me and walked to the large wooden wardrobe made out of tree limbs. Even the woman’s walk was elegant and graceful. She opened the door and pulled out a long green dress with long elegant sleeved that fell to the front side of my wrist and to the floor on the back. “Does this look alright?” She asked me. I simply nodded.

Sina assisted me in getting dressed and I took in my image in the wonderfully crafted mirror. The dress fit snugly on my curves. I smiled at my reflection and turned to Sina. “Thank you. It’s beautiful” Sina smiled and bowed her head in the slightest before taking me out of the room. The halls were made from twisted roots leaving only the outside light in from small cracks. It illuminated the soft floor covered in a plant rug that stretched down the hall in both directions.

Sina led me down the hall and into a large room in the middle of the castle that was the only room without a ceiling. A large oak tree sat in the middle of the room with a bench beside it and a white marble circular step in the middle with a fountain on top. The water from the fountain shined with purity as it flowed from the top to the overflowing edges and down the side to the roots of the oak. Jareth stood facing away from her in deep conversation with Hedian.

They both were dressed in fresh clothes. Jareth wore brown pants with a cream shirt and a brown armored jacket like his black one five years ago. The boots on his feet were also new. Hedian wore a dark brown shirt with a dark brown pair of pants and a bigger belt that Jareth around his waist for his sand weapon. Their faces were clean and cuts from the twigs in the woods were no longer bleeding.

I watched both men with Sina by my side until Hedian looked behind Jareth and spotted us. A smile spread on his face and Jareth turned to us. His lips turned upwards in a smirk as he took in my appearance. “She can stand!” Hedian teased. My face grew hot with a blush and the crystal hanging around my neck warmed. Sina walked towards the men and pulled me along. “I am pleased that all three of you made it here without further injury” She said when she had all of our attention. “My boundary is holding and will not likely fail. Even so, we need to set out immediately when the sun sets to the High King and High Queen of the underground’s castle. There we will find safety and a plan of action. Kilton will not stand for long when he finds our army is much greater than his own. Before we go, I need to talk to Jareth and Sarah” Sina said looking to Hedian and with a small pout he left the room.

“I have requested to remain with only you two for a purpose” Sina said as the open area where Hedian left closed with tree limbs. “If you’ll take them, I have a gift for each of you. The journey ahead will be difficult and I would like to do my best to aid you in your success” She said. Jareth and I nodded at her words and Sina smiled. She raised her arms and tree limbs and extended branches from the oak twisted to the open ceiling and soon we were enclosed in what reminded me of a cocoon.

“My good friend is here to see you” Sina smiled at me and a woman appeared by her side. “Hello Sarah” The old woman said. I bowed my head slightly before she put her hand to my cheek. “You have gone through a great deal both times you’ve visited” She said. “I’ve heard stories of your adventures” She smiled as her hands moved down my arms and stopped cold before my bind marks. “You’ve been bound. I was told you were taken by Kilton, but no one addressed the fact that you’ve been bound” She said. I looked down and then up into her eyes. “Can you take it away?” I asked hopefully. “No, I can only point you in the right direction. I came here to give you information. You and Jareth” She said as Jareth took a step forwards to stand beside me.