Finding Me

After I had greeted the High Queen and announced to the Kingdom of the engagement, I rushed to the meeting room where my old friends waited for me. "Sarah!" I heard as I walked in. I hugged each one of my friends before sitting down and looking to Hoggle. We were in a conference room and the three of them were sitting at the table. When I approached the table they stood up until I had taken my seat.They immediately bombarded me with questions, so I spent the next half an hour explaining what happened and how it resulted me with Jareth.

"Well Miss Sarah, is that Jareth around now?" Hoggle asked suspiciously looking around. "No, he is attending to business elsewhere" I said dismissing the comment. "I believe since you will be his wife, I think you should know that Jareth sent us away" I gasped at his statement but he held up a hand. "That's not what I meant miss. When Kilton began his initial move into the castle, Jareth ordered us to take everyone out. He may be obnoxious, rude, and arrogant, but I do believe somewhere deep in his Jareth heart that he cares for his subjects" Hoggle explained. "It was a valiant act indeed My Lady! Sir Jareth sent us to take his subjects away from the danger and stayed back to fight the evil Kilton and his army! If I weren't ordered to go on a secret mission of evacuation I would have stayed and fought by my noble King's side!" Sir Didymus said raising his small sword into the air.

I smiled at his fearless spirit. "We were sent to the High Kingdom, when the war was about to start, the High King sent us on a secret task to Kilton's castle to steal a jewel he had hidden away. I can not reveal his intentions, but it is vital for the future. When we retrieved the jewel, we returned and the war was over and you were wearing Jareth's engagement circlet! Explain to me how that weasel got you surrendered" Hoggle said squinting his eyes. I thought for a moment before speaking.

"I had a decision to make; it was either Kilton, or Jareth. When I made my choice, my tangled emotions became one and everything was clear. I told Jareth and he reacted by proposing two days later" I said condensing the story as much as I could. I looked to the quiet Ludo and put my hand over his. He looked at me and I smiled. "I've missed you big guy" I said. "Sarah still friend?" He asked. "Yes! Of course I am still your friend! I would never leave you on purpose. I-" My voice was cut off when someone cleared their voice at the door. I looked up from the table and saw Jareth leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

"Sarah, the High Queen has requested you" He said giving each person at the table a pointed look. I couldn't argue, she was the High Queen, but I didn't want to leave my friends. "Okay, let me say goodbye" I said turning to my friends. "Do you have to go?" Hoggle asked. "I'm afraid so. Oh, I forgot to say I love your uniforms" I said to the three in front of me. They all had on High Kingdom guard uniforms. Sir Didymus looked at me beaming. "It is an honor to serve my High Kingdom! Until we meet again My Lady" He said patting my hand and bowing slightly. I laughed and I gave each one of them a hug. I stopped at Ludo and he smiled. "Sarah friend" I nodded and gave him one more hug before departing with Jareth.

We walked into the throne room and the Queen nodded to her son. "Thank you Jareth" She said before turning her attention to me. "We have matters to discuss. Come" She said standing and walking to her balcony. I left Jareth's side and moved to stand by the Queen. She gave me a faint smile before looking out over the Kingdom. "My husband would have loved to see the glorious day when his son found his bride. How are you faring?" She asked me. "I am very good" I answered, unsure if I should ask the next question or stay quiet.

"As you know, I am unfit to rule alone. I hope you don't mind, but I have moved up the wedding. I understand you're the bride, so I was going to have you walk into the ballroom with me to choose the flowers and decorations. Would you join me?" She asked me. I nodded eagerly and we made our way to the ballroom. My giddiness was through the roof and I had to try hard to contain it without jumping up and down.