30: Meeting the Hashira

Kyōjurō continued to walk along the forest path, listening to the relaxing sounds of birds chirping in the trees.

It was a lovely day outside with the wind blowing calmly in air. With the warmth of the sun on his skin, Kyojuro felt so rejuvenated and at peace as he breathed in the fresh smell of pine.

"Lovely day, isn't it my love?" He asked you, but got no response.

Looking beside himself, he noticed you weren't following him! "Snow flower?" He questioned and glanced back to see you standing several feet away from him and hiding behind a tree.

Worried, Kyōjurō sauntered over towards you. "Is everything okay, my love?" He asked, his voice filled with concern.

"Kyō, I-I don't think I'm ready for this." You stammered, feeling a wave of nervousness wash over you.

To recap, Kyōjurō had woken you up early this morning while beaming that ever-loving smile of his and had eagerly informed you that today was the day he was going to introduce you to his "family"!

At first, you were a little confused, considering you'd already met and known Senjuro and Shinjuro-sama, but you quickly understood that he was talking about his friends at the Demon Slayer Corps! And the thought of meeting the other Hashiras/Pillars, had you feeling all kinds of anxiety.

"You know I don't do well around groups of people! What if they don't like me?" You say only for Kyōjurō to lean down and kiss you passionately. As his lips met yours, all your worries seemed to melt away. In that moment, you felt a sense of belonging and acceptance that you had been craving for so long.

You instantly felt your face get hot as he pulled away, glancing at you lovingly. "It'll be fine, my sweet flame!" He reassures you.

"I'll be right there with you. I promise they won't hurt you!"

You breathed a sigh of relief. Leave it to Kyōjurō to know just what to do to make you feel better. You loved him so much that you were grateful to have such a wonderful man as your soon-to-be husband.

"Besides, there's nothing to be afraid of, my love." He adds.

At that, your brow twitched in annoyance as you glanced at him, "I-I'm not scared, just nervous. There's a difference, idiot!" You muttered, your lower lip jutted out in a pout.

Kyōjurō laughed softly, "it's okay to admit it, my sweet flame! Ya'know, you could always snuggle next to me if you want." He teases only to get comically bop on the head by your fist.

*Bᴏɴᴋ!*

"I'll show you I'm not helpness.ꐦ" You growled before stomping away.

Kyōjurō laughed again, whilst rubbing the now swollen cranial bump on his head.

──────────────

It wasn't long until you and Kyōjurō came to a halt in front of gate with a tall wooden and stone walls that surrounded a landlocked area. Apparently, it was the entrance to an enclosed courtyard with manor as you watched Kyōjurō pulled on the ring-shaped door knocker, which banged against the door.

"Who goes there?!" Came a voice from behind the gate.

"Rengoku Kyōjurō, Flame Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps!" Kyōjurō says firmly.