Chapter 5: Hydro Meets The Mitchells

After Hydro is caught Aaron grabs Hydro's chamber and almost got it, Hydro starts to run away and the Mitchell family found Hydro, then Hydro stops running, Aaron starts pointing at him, then Rick calls Hydro to come in and ask him to explain.

"Okay...Who are you? and why are you recording us?" Rick said, "I can't believe you guys are real, no no, ok, why am I here? what year is this?" Hydro asked. "Kid, you tell me, WHO, ARE, YOU?!" Rick shouted, "Rick, calm down! he's just a kid, look, you are making him scared," Linda said. "Okay guys, let me explain here, I was in the year 2021, I am a kid, I have school I'm Grade 6, and My family had a business trip! like, look! I am staying at my house alone, BY MYSELF! when I got home, something went, "wrong", some Portal just sucked me on, I didn't feed my dog Han-Seo, the Doberman, I forgot to buy food for him, I went onto and flew to the Citadel, I bumped my head and fell, there is just like, Combines, they are trying to shoot me because they thought I was raiding their base like Gordon Freeman, look, guys just please I have this right..." Hydro brings his item out, or there is something in the pocket, the Time Machine, was destroyed. "here..." Hydro finished explaining.

Rick listened to Hydro's explanation, and the family got confused about how he traveled back in time, Hydro shows proof of how he went back in time and showed a video of how Hydro got the time machine, Hydro told the family that their home It is empty and has nowhere to eat or sleep. The family wants Hydro to stay with his family. "You can stay with us, we'll find a way to fix it," Rick said.

No one acknowledges him. The camera pulls out to see the family's faces are awash in light from their screens. "Bathed in ghoulish blue light...(Sarcastic) Wonderful. How about we put our phones down and we can make ten seconds of unobstructed family eye contact. Starting RIGHT--" Rick said and cuts the talk, "Ok, this doesn't seem--" Katie was nervous, "Uh, what is family eye contact?" Hydro questioned, "Just stare, like that, okay two--" Rick said, Aaron tries to get one last tantalizing glimpse. "(Low to Aaron) Put your phone down. Now!" Rick shouted.

Everyone STARES AT EACH OTHER INCREDIBLY AWKWARDLY. This lasts a very long time. Lots of WEIRD STARES are exchanged. Everyone looks insane and wildly uncomfortable. Except for Hydro, Hydro makes a normal stare at Katie, eh Katie already had a girlfriend Jade. "See, this is good, right here. This is natural." Rick said It's FAR from natural. Aaron's eyes are red and twitching. Hydro was still on it. "Okay, this is not a family eye contact, this is what we called Staring at each other contest" Hydro said. Aaron can't hold it. They Did a Family Eye Contact Once again!

"No, you're allowed to blink, it's just.... eye contact," Rick said, Monchi attempts to focus his eyes but fails. "Look at Monch right there. That's spirit right there, huh?" Rick said, Katie makes an incredibly bizarre face and stares at Rick. Hydro can't stare at Katie anymore, now he stares at Rick. "Katie, Uh, Red-Haired kid, it seems like you're not taking this seriously." Rick said, "(CRAZY MUPPET VOICE) What makes you say that?" Katie said Linda and Aaron attempted to hold in laughter. Hydro was still normal.

"R-Rick, that kid right there, I think this should be one of our family members now, look, he is serious, handsome looking, and his shoe was expensive, Addidas shoe" Linda whispered, "Uh uh, not now Lin," Rick whispered also "Guys-guys everyone, focus! Keepfocusing!--". Rick settling- trying to be a good sport.

 "(Increasingly high pitched) I think it might be a masterpiece?" Katie said, Katie hits play. On the computer- a FULLY UNHINGED Katie movie plays- staring at a Puppet Katie- excited for college and BARFING rainbows! Rick is UNABLE to make sense of this thing- he tries watching hard- and is completely bewildered. Linda makes motions to Rick to get him to say something nice. Katie is yet again, let down by her dad not seeing her.

"What? What's the face?" Katie said, "Uh, nothing," Hydro said, "Not you idiot it's my dad! (covers mouth)" Katie said, "W-W you called me an idiot? wow, how rude appreciated 100% Now I'm gonna be sad forever yay depressed, Jesus will you calm down, it's your first time meeting a random guy in here" Hydro said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that" Katie apologized, "Uhh, well, I just- wonder... do you really think you can make a (high pitched) living with this stuff?" Rick said As Rick asks on the video: There's an INFINITE MONCHI MOUTHopening forever- as Katie rides Monchi like the Catbus.

"Dad, can you finish watching it at least?" Katie asked, Katie stops the movie and looks hurt. Aaron looks to Linda to do something. She's trying to intervene, "I will, but I just worry that you're going to be in California and, you know, we're not going to be able to help you, you know, if things don't... pan out..." Rick said weakly, We hear KICKING sounds coming from under the table. Lindashakes her head "no." Rick is thick and isn't getting this.

"Lin, why are you kicking me? I don't understand." Rick was confused, Katie can't believe they were going through this again. "Are you- Do you just think I'm going to fail?" Katie questioned, "Uh, I never, uhh- Lin, help!" Rick whispered, Linda, dials the cookie timer to go off. "Whoops! Looks like the cookies are ready! Who wants delicious cookies,... instead of talking about this?" Linda asked, "Oh uh...can I try?" Hydro asked, "Oh! sure!" Linda said, as she gave Hydro cookies, it was very fresh. "I think you might start selling cookies..." Hydro whispered, "Oh, I think just next year" Linda answered. Rick is trying to get Katie to see what he means.

"No, it's just... failure hurts, kid. I want you to have a backup plan." Rick said, "Backup plan?! Mater who put a bomb on you?! (covers mouth)" Hydro said, "Uh, what is that acting?" Aaron asked, "Oh uh, it's one that Lightning McQueen was confused about why Mater has a bomb on Cars 2, that's all" Hydro answered. Katie is super let down. She grabs her laptop to leave the table.

"Why do you always have to do this? (beat)Ok, you know what? I'm just going to go." Katie was sad, Rick reaches for the laptop- it is going back and forth as the rest of the family watches in fear. They yank HARD at it.  Finally, Katie pulls it from Rick and... It FALLS TO THE GROUND AND THE SCREEN SPIDERWEBS! Oh no. This is bad. Everyone looks at the laptop- in shock. They're all speechless. Katie slowly walks over and picks up the laptop- she can believe it.

"Oh...crap..." Hydro said slowly, "Uh, uhh - I mean, if you think about it, the people who made the computers are the ones to blame. I mean, that's how they make money, you know, you gotta keep buying more, and-" Rick stuttered and struggled to talk, Katie's sadness sours to anger- she stomps out. Linda is motioning to Rick for him to stop talking.

"(PLEADING) Katie- C'mon!" Rick was worriedly looking at Katie. Katie holds up her laptop- holding back emotion. "Dad- THIS- is exactly why I'm excited to leave tomorrow." Katie slams her door and starts angrily packing. In a box marked "Give Away," she tosses some items including a little wooden moose. She shoves this box out the door. Her anger fades to sadness. She lays down on her bed, hurt, and begins scrolling through pictures of her and her father on her phone. everyone started sleeping.

Hydro felt uncomfortable with what was happening, when he started dreaming he saw purple and blue figures, after finding out that the robot invasion starts in 4 days.

---The Next Morning---

 Hydro woke up he will tell the Mitchell family when it starts the invasion of the robot. It was true, it starts in 4 days.