Chapter 18: The Showdown

"About time we ended this... and you're going out with a bang! Slippery little bastard. I don't have time for this." Armstrong went really angry. He assumes a sumo stance and starts screaming intensely. "Oh, you've gotta be kidding me" Hydro wakes up intensely. Armtrong Wires burst out of Metal Gear Excelsus' legs, charging Armstrong with green energy. He finishes with a final yell, a shockwave erupting while Excelsus crashes downwards. Raiden stumbles for a moment, and once the dust settles, Armstrong is shown with bulging musculature under his shirt not visible previously.

STEVEN ARMSTRONG
(adjusting his glasses) Let's go!

HYDRO
The hell are you thinking.

Armstrong sprints out and shoulder-bashes Hydro down like the way he did to Raiden, then grabs his head and starts squeezing.

STEVEN ARMSTRONG
Played college ball, ya know.

HYDRO
bulls**t!

Armstrong headbutts him, punches him in the face. Hydro gets back up, narrowly avoiding a punch from Armstrong. Hydro attempts to cut him, but he blocks the slashes with his forearms. Armstrong grabs Hydro, who dodges his strikes for a moment before being grabbed by the neck.

STEVEN ARMSTRONG
Try University of Texas. Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy. I'm not one of those beltway pansies. I could break the president in two with my bare hands.

He throws Hydro straight up in the air, who screams before being punted into the side of Excelsus' cabin. Hydro weakly gets back up, He unleashes his Dual Sword

STEVEN ARMSTRONG
Don't f**k with this senator!

HYDRO
Ugh... what the f**k?

STEVEN ARMSTRONG
Why don't you stick around and find out?

[The battle begins with the strongest senator in the world.]

Hydro Slashes through the Senator with his Dual Sword, it's not enough to beat him.

STEVEN ARMSTRONG
(various comments made throughout the battle) Let's not forget to enjoy this, hm? Man-to-man, I can't be beat. C'mon!

Armstrong catches Hydro's sword with his bare hand. On The Left

HYDRO
What? The Hell?

STEVEN ARMSTRONG
Nice knife...

He breaks it in half and goes for a punch to the jaw, which Hydro evades. The cyborg laughs in amusement of how close the punch was, before being promptly punched by Armstrong and sliding to the other side of Furby' platform on his chin. After spending a few seconds recovering, he rushes towards Armstrong, throwing his shortened blade at him. The Colorado senator easily deflects it to the side, throwing a few missed strikes, before Hydro catches one punch before it could hit him.

HYDRO
Typical politician... big promises, but all talk.

STEVEN ARMSTRONG
What? What the-

HYDRO
"Jump-start the economy"? What a load of bulls**t! (Slashes Armstrong Back) All you care about is lining your own pockets. That, and your approval ratings. You've got no principles, just like all the rest. If America's gone to crap, you're just another maggot crawling in the pile. WHILE YOU ARE TEAMING UP WITH A PHONE LADY AND THAT DOCTOR, TRYING TO MAKE A SOCIETY, FULL, OF ROBOTS!