𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Ivy Jane Hyde

I pulled up outside John B's house on the cut in my cream VW camper van and beeped my horn a few times to ensure they knew I was here.

I had picked JJ up from work a few hours before and dropped him off at John B's so he could get ready for the party tonight.

The pogues decided we would meet at John B's and I would drive us to my beach house.

The passenger door slid open and JJ crawled into the seat while Kiara, Pope and John B sat in the back.

"Man i can't wait to get wasted, high drunk everything" JJ exclaimed in pure ecstasy.

Kiara laughed "Pope are you gonna get like that tonight?" Pope looked confused.

"Guys no, i got work tomorrow and my dad will kill me" Pope snapped.

We pulled up to my beach house and already people were tipsy on the beach.

I was wearing a short silk cocktail dress in the colour emerald and paired it with some white sandals and silver trinkets.

An hour or two later the beach and the house was packed. Everyone twirled with everyone, the music escaped from every open window and door. So loud you could hear it if you swam a mile out to sea.

The stench of strong weed and sweet alcohol infiltrated the salty, marine air. Intoxicated teens surrounded the beach and huge crowds gathered as people played strip beer pong.

"Great party Ivy Jane" John B whispers to me from behind. "Yunno it's nice to see Pogue and Kook hang together without any fighting"

Nodding "I know right, no big kick off or anything" I laughed.

I smiled and handed John B a fresh blunt "It's good stuff this John B" As I light a joint, I inhaled the toxic fumes. Feeling the earthly warmth travel down my throat into my lungs. The taste is sour, rich and fulfilling.

JJ runs up to me, I can smell the intense vodka on his breath. "come dance with me gorgeous" he purred into my neck. "our favourite song is on."

JJ takes hold of my hand and leads me through and off the crowded beach into an open spot.

The music is blaring hey baby by pitbull.

Our feet began to dance to the only music we can hear playing.

JJ snatched my waist pulling me closer to him. His hands slowly lowering down my hips as we moved together to the seductive pulse of the music.

JJ and I were so close, heat rolled off our intertwined bodies. We became one with the song, with the dance and with each other.