𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Ivy Jane Hyde

What was I actually thinking.

Ivy Jane what are you playing at letting Rafe stay at the beach house with you. Let a psycho, who hurt you live under the same roof.

I must be fucking crazy. I am fucking crazy.

Honestly when I told him I'd be back later,I was surprised that Rafe hadn't bombarded me with questions like where are you going or something like I'm coming with you.

Rafe just left it..for once.

And I thank god that he did because it would have probably kicked off again and one of us being left hurt...

What had in fact slipped my mind was that he was a murderer. A cold blooded killer living in my home, someone I kissed, someone I had sex with...someone I was falling hard for.

The scariest thing for me was that my feelings towards him haven't changed. I was ashamed at myself that I could still think about him in ways I know I shouldn't.

Maybe I am crazy.

Crazy to the point where I will invite a killer into my home and let him stay with me while I sleep.

But Rafe said he did it for me, I was shuck up by what happened in Charleston because of the way them men treated me...

...That doesn't excuse how Rafe had it in him to kill the tattooed man. I recall seeing Rafe's knuckles bruised and bloody, he'd probably beaten him to death. I really don't wanna know.

I knew it was wrong, I knew it. The butterfly's I feel whenever that boy is around won't be going anytime soon.

That was the problem. I must be some sick human being to still be thinking about Rafe Cameron, a very very sick human being. He is dangerous and so bad tempered, for god sake Ivy Jane what the hell are you doing!

I have an angel on one side telling me to keep well back from this boy and understand what he did was inhumane. But on the other side is a devil...a devil that's daring me to go back to him, excuse his actions. A devil that's daring me to get a taste of who Rafe Cameron actually is.

I had to leave the beach house, I couldn't stand being near him any longer or else I'd do something I'd deeply regret.

I'd met up with JJ and Pope and we walked to John B's where we'd meet Kie there. She's already lit the bonfire and started on the alcohol.

"Where's John B?" JJ questioned as we all took a seat round the blazing.

"He was out with Ward Cameron fishing remember?" Pope replied. "Discussing the future seen as him and Sarah are getting serious now."