𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Ivy Jane Hyde

After spending a few nights at the beach house I gathered up some courage to see my dad.

He hadn't been in touch since he sent me on a grave misson where I almost got choked to death.

I opened the front door and walked towards the kitchen.

My dad was sat at the breakfast bar with his laptop.

"Ivy my girl" My father rose from his chair embracing me in a tight hug. "How was your trip? When did you get back?"

I pushed him away.

"Look what they did to me" I pointed at the bruises still on my neck, they were now slowly healing.

"Ivy what happened?" My dad was panicking.

"Well them men you sent me to strangled me dad until I passed out" I yelled in fury. "He even put a blade to my throat threatening to slit my neck. You sent me out there knowing these men were dangerous and I had the possibility of being murdered"

"Ivy let me explain"

"What else is there to explain dad. I nearly died" I began to tear up.

"Ive sweetie, I thought they knew you were turning up. They said they wouldn't hurt you"

"But they did dad. You still knew that I was at risk" I let the tears flow down my face. "What kind of father would do such a thing!"

My dad took a deep breath. "What can I do to make it up to you?"

"There is nothing you can do about it" Collapsing to the floor in a teary mess my dad dropped to the floor and cradled me in his arms

I tried to push him away and fight against it but he wouldn't budge.

"I'm so sorry. So so sorry Ivy, please forgive me" He pleaded. "Ward needed this doing, I owed him"

"But I'm your daughter" I cried out. "I'm staying at the beach house for a while dad"

"Don't leave me alone please" My dad begged.

"I need time to think about everything" I got up. "I'm going to pack some of my stuff."

I left the house trying to avoid my dad because I know I will just break down crying again if I saw him.

On my way back to the beach house I stopped off at the shop to get some fresh food. I needed to buy some for the beach house.

Leaving the shop I bumped into Pope.

I've not seen him or the pogues for over a week now..

"Ivy Jane you're back" Pope said.