𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Ivy Jane Hyde

I rushed out the hospital with burning red cheeks, not telling whether it was from the embarrassment or if I was blushing.

Both are bad!

The Pogues were parked outside the hospital. I'd asked to be picked up as I'd insisted going in the ambulance to be with Rafe therefore I didn't have my car.

It was easy to get my way out of the truth, explaining to the Pogues that I needed to pick up a prescription.

Walking over to the run down campervan, it swung open with JJ waving a piece of gold at me.

"Holy shit." He welcomed me with open arms, hugging him back JJ pulled me into the van holding me tight. "Holy shit that's real gold what the hell!"

"Man we are gonna be fucking rich." JJ yelled out in excitement.

John B turned up the music as the van raced out the hospital car park. We all cheered and sang to the music on the radio.

"Where's the rest of it?" I spoke over their singing.

"Back at the house, we couldn't get it all in time!" Pope exclaimed. "We went to the thrift shop to see how much it was."

"Over 90k for this small bar Vee!" Kiara squealed hugging me tightly.

"Let's go get the rest of the gold now." I hinted.

"We can't, there was some crazy old lady there wanting to kill us!" John B said, his focus still on the lonely road ahead of us. "Anyway what's the point in hurrying to get it all, we got all the time in the world."

"Yeah only we know about the gold Vee, we got nothing to worry about." JJ smiled so sweetly at me shattering my heart into tiny pieces.

Oh I had tried to get them to get the gold before, I really can't tell them why they need to get it now.

Ward would find out, and he isn't afraid to hurt anything.

"Where the hell are we going?" I asked as we drove away from familiar places.

"A warehouse where we can trade this gold for hard cash." JJ winks whilst tossing the gold bar in his hand.

"There's nothing but weeds and forest round here, no warehouse." Kiara slumped down into the car seat staring out at the woods surrounding us.

I had zoned out for a second looking out the window, thinking about all the horrible outcomes that would happen if I told them Ward was wanting the gold.

"Guys I think he wants us to pull over." Kiara pointed out an old black car weaving between the road.

The car slowed down, all of us confused with the entire situation.