𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Ivy Jane Hyde

Rafe probably thinks I'm crazy.

The way I freaked out over nothing.

Actually it wasn't over nothing. The way Rafe sat in the bathroom with blood pouring down his nose reminded me too much of the few memories I had with my mother.

She'd sit in the bathroom yelling and slurring out my name. I would find her covered in blood that dripped out of her nose. It would happen at least three or four times a week.

Each time it would have to be me cleaning her up, she literally wasn't capable of doing it herself.

She would just glare at me with them evil, bloodshot eyes and spit nasty comments at my face.

Comments that stuck with me forever.

I tried to hide them memories but I relived them last night when I helped Rafe.

I lost it and couldn't hold back my tears anymore.

Remembering crying to my mum nearly everyday begging her to stop abusing drugs. It would always result in her then getting violent, lashing out at me and then leaving only to return a few days later.

Rafe tried to comfort me but in that moment I believed he was exactly like my mum so I pushed him away.

It's best if I avoid him at all costs because I know sooner or later he'll question me about what caused my breakdown.

The situation in the bathroom was a few days ago though, let's just hope he'd forgotten about it.

My phone began to ring and it was my dad.

"Hi." I spoke quietly.

"Hey doll, how've you been."

"Okay, what do you need?"

"I have a meeting tomorrow and you'll need to attend with me." My father explained.

"Sure whats it about?"

"It'll all be explained there alright. I love you."

"Bye...I love you too." I ended the quick, awward call.

Great a boring business meeting.. At least I would see my dad, I haven't seen him for almost a week.

I texted the pogues and asked for them to come round, I felt lonely and bored.

Around 30 minutes later Kie, JJ and Pope arrived. Sarah wasn't coming today.

John B was running late but it wasn't like him at all.

After we'd all settled down, John B burst through the front door quickly shutting and locking it.

John B looked scared to death when he arrived.