𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Ivy Jane Hyde

The pogues and I sat on wooden logs around a blazing bonfire on the beach.

We were overlooking the dark ocean that had small waves which brushed up onto shore.

John B and Sarah weren't with us, they went off together at the cinema and I hadn't seen them since.

"Ivy there was a huge storm while you were in Charleston by the way. Right now only the rich of the rich have electricity." Kiara turned to me.

"Shit is everything good."

JJ patted me on my back. "Well my little trust fund baby, you have nothing to worry about. Your daddy probably has it all sorted so you got electricity and nothing has changed drastically for you."

"Shut up, you know you can always come to mine if you need it." I nudged JJ

I was sat next to Pope and we were just chit chatting about everything.

"How you feeling?" I asked him.

"I'm actually okay Vee, Topper wasn't strangling me that hard."

A sick feeling rose in my stomach as Pope said the word strangled. It just reminded me of what happened in Charleston and how I almost died.

"Vee hello" Pope's hand waved across my face to get my attention. "I was just saying if you can explain what happened in Charleston."

"Shit sorry" I chuckled. "Erm it's kind of a long story."

"Well lucky for us we have all night" Kie butted into our conversation. She grabbed a bottle of vodka from her bag waving it. "I have another just in case we down it all"

"I'm gonna need some of that when telling you this." I said taking a large sip of it.

After a some shots of the alcohol each we were all a bunch of tipsy teenagers.

"So they put a knife to your throat!" JJ's eyes were wide open and jaw dropped. "Man that's fucking crazy, did it hurt?"

Kiara nudged him "Of course it hurt you dipshit. I can't believe you passed out! I'm so happy your safe now."

"Ivy, that must have been so scary for you. You should have reported it." Pope exclaimed.

"Listen these men were dangerous and they're part of some gang shit I think, I don't wanna mess about with them." I replied. "I don't wanna out anyone I care about at risk either."

Pope was right, I should have gone to the authorities but my dad is involved with these people. I can't bare to lose him.

"Let's lighten the mood my guys!" JJ shouted. "Let's go for a swim."