𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Ivy Jane Hyde

I went to sleep last night trying to hold back the tears that were building up in my eyes since the 'business meeting'.

I'm frightened to death of Ward Cameron.

He would kill my friends willingly if I slipped up in the slightest.

I was betraying my friends to protect them..they'd never understand that and I hope they never find out.

Before I went to bed, I had texted Kiara and Sarah asking if they wanted to go dress shopping for midsummer.

We'd meet after lunch and look for dresses. Hopefully I'd find the one to wear, I wasn't going to purposely match with Rafe Cameron.

Never in a million years.

After we'll probably go for some food, which gives me a chance to ask about the gold.

I do not believe it one bit that it's going to be given to charity, Ward is too much of a greedy fucking pig to do that.

The next morning I woke up late.

Quickly, I had to put on some denim shorts and a blue, cropped top with spaghetti straps.

Checking my phone, a message from Sarah popped up saying she was outside. Grabbing everything I need I walked out to the car.

I didn't think Sarah would ever be allowed to drive Rafe's precious range rover. I opened the door.

"Hey Sarah-"

"I'm not Sarah." Rafe replied harshly.

Looking into the back, Sarah and Kie gave me a small wave. "Hey girl." Kie smiled.

"Rafe wouldn't let me borrow his car. Unless he drove." Sarah rolled her eyes.

"Get in the car Ivy." Rafe ordered.

Just as I was about to shut the passenger Rafe stopped me.

"Just get in this seat, stop fussing about." Rafe demanded.

The drive was silent until Sarah and Rafe started arguing.

"I don't get why you won't let me drive it Rafe."

He shook his head "Just shut your mouth Sarah, we're nearly here."

"I bet you only wanted to go so you could see Kie in her dress." She teased.

"Oh god Sarah, stop being so immature. And anyways Kiara isn't the one I'd like to see in a dress."

Rafe looked at me with a daring glare and winked at me.

"Rafe stop it." I nudged at him.

"What's that supposed to mean." Sarah looked furious.

"Figure it out, it's not that difficult." Rafe turned to me and smirked, what was he playing at.