𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Rafe Cameron

The celestrial heavens above bleed from orange to indigo. It's surrounded by glistening stars and the moon that fill the velvet abyss above.

It was late at night driving along a pretty empty highway.

Both of us didn't want to stay over in a hotel so I carried on driving through the darkness.

I opened my window slightly as the night was pretty warm.

My legs were aching and I needed to stretch them out before I continued to drive.

Every so often, I'd pass intense, beamimg white lights from cars speeding down the highway in the opposite direction.

Driving at night always felt..I could never find how it made me feel.

At peace?

Ivy's head rested on the window, she'd been watching the darkness for a while now.

On the way back, there was a bit of traffic to begin with but the later it got the more it disappeared.

I pulled over into an empty, somber rest stop. There weren't much light, it was dark enough to still see the sky clearly.

"Let's get out for a bit" I spoke.

I stepped out of the car into a quiet surrounding. It felt as though Ivy and I were the only people on earth.

Around us stood gigantic fields and large trees. There wasn't a city for miles around.

I hopped onto the top of the range rover and relaxed in need of some energy so I could drive the rest of the way back.

On a clear night like this I wasn't going to miss the chance to star gaze.

Ivy got out of the car and stood looking up at the sky.

She looked enchanted as she looked up at the blanket of stars that stretched for infinity.

"So beautiful" I heard her whisper to herself.

"Come up Ivy" I said interrupting her dream state.

She carefully placed herself on top of the car and layed herself down onto it.

We layed in silence for a while.

The moon sailed through the deep blue sky using the tiny stars as guidance.

Listening at the distant crickets broke the silence of the night.

Ivy took a deep breath.

"So you were never bothered about me" She spoke quietly.

I ignored it "Not now Ivy, just enjoy this"

She huffed "I'll never forgive you for treating me like that today and I'll never forget it."