44

Marthe.

Heading back home has never sounded so sweet. We spent two months in Paris for no fucking reason, and I'm mad because I've missed out on so much. I was scrolling through my phone about my friends, Maxine, and life in general. They look like they were having so much fun at parties. Our friends went on a mini-vacation and the beach, and I missed that. I miss that, and I get to enjoy it until I'm shipped off somewhere else. Maxine looked drained. After the Pride art piece she created, her hours got more hectic, and I hadn't seen much of my girlfriend until now. I mean, I would see her, but for like maybe two seconds. Then, a quick peck on the lips, and one of us was out the door. The number of interviews Maxine had to do, resharing her coming out story so much, said it felt like a script. However, Maxine did put her foot down towards the end and decided to tell her managers, anyone, who wants to work with her that she has to do it on her own time because she doesn't want to produce art that didn't come from her own influence. After that, anything she painted was worth more.

I was forced to do an Italy fashion week as a model, and that was terrifying because they made me work out all the time, so I can't complain about being in the best shape of my life.

I'm doing well, though. Cedric has been helping me along the way. I got to help shoot the cover of Vogue, and I met Harry Styles too. We were both running from the stupid paparazzi and hid in an alleyway that led to a strip club, which we hid in. Not because of naked girls, but because paparazzi can't go into places if someone like Harry Styles were to walk in. I ran into another former conquest while I was in there. I met her when I left Layla after flying home. The stripper is the only girl who understood what a one-night stand is. Harry was confused about how I knew a stripper.

But this whole trip kind of sucked. It was fun at first. I had Maxine to myself, and then she was the worlds, and I became societies too, I guess. She will never be wholly mine, and I have to accept that. My girlfriend is famous. We haven't been with each other intimately since I took those nude photos of her. We haven't done anything, and I want her. I need her. We've never gone this long without sex. We just kiss and cuddle until she's ready to fall asleep. Maxine hasn't been in the mood to let me touch her.

Not to mention we have to buy that house Maxine really wants. We have an appointment tomorrow, and I think we're going to take it. We spoke to Kayla, Serenity, and Maria to see if they wanted the place. Caroline moved in with Sybil. So, we have to get our names off the lease.

"I'm so ready to take a nap," Maxine exclaims as we open our front door. I sighed, relieved to be back. There's no chaos, no runways, paparazzi, special dinners, events, interviews.

It's finally quiet.

"Me too," I smirked down on her, trying to get a reaction, but she nodded, heading to our room. I groaned once I heard the bathroom door open and the shower came on. I'm going to have to literally fuck myself. I waited for the shower to stop before saying anything.

"Hey, babe, I was thinking we could have alone time," I said as Maxine came out in just my t-shirt and those damn velvet shorts.

"I'm drained, Marth. I don't think I'll have the energy for it," Maxine said, making me throw myself on the bed.

"What's wrong?" Maxine asked, genuinely confused that her girlfriend is a complete horndog and has never gone this long without fucking.

"I want you," I said, sitting up.

"We don't even makeout anymore," I add, looking down. Maxine sighed, cupping my face in her hands. She hasn't touched me in so long; when we do fuck, if we ever do at this point, I'm going to finish in record time.

"Definitely my fault with being so busy. I know we haven't done anything in a longtime, but it's because I'm always tired from work," Maxine said, and I looked down again, feeling guilty.